Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo vp commodore.

turbo_vp_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 3.8
i have the Chinese T70 its got the 2.5inch Vband, so mine is 2.5inch for couple inches then the 3inch all the way through, all i need on mine is the tune and to weld the 3inch hiflow Cat on then rego, I will only be starting off with 8psi for now iron out some kinks if any.

you are prob better off starting of at 3 inch on the turbo. just get a small big of 2 1/2 swell it a little and place it inside to v band. then but weld up your 3 inch pipe. turbos might be the same, mine has a 69 mm v band so just over 2 1/2 but not quite 3 inch.

VN Wagz

PshhhhHHT- **TuTuTuTu**
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6 Wagon
202 at the tyres on 9psi is not bad mate, shows its breathing easily through the 3" exhaust now- open these restrictions up and watch the turbocharged ponies roll in :)

I saw your comment earlier regarding building a buick to handle big boost? My advice here is to think about it as airflow (which equals power potential), not so much as boost.... boost being effectively pressure buildup in the manifold/intkae behind the valves. With a better cam setup, and some good porting of your heads you'd see a load more air coming in with each intake stroke but still at "only" 9psi of manifold pressure.

A bloke I know has a setup like ours but with a gt35/40- made 212kW at the tyres on 10psi with stock cam and heads. He then bolted in a set of MACE high ratio rockers (1.9 i think?) and it went 223kW on 10psi, and then after getting the heads cleaned up and ported it made 240kW. He could have made these numbers just by upping the boost level, but this would have created more heat through compressing the air. He reckons it now flows an additional 20% more air cos of these mods... and the gauge still only showed 10psi, although to 'make' 10psi of manifold pressure it had to shove a lot more air into the motor.

So yeah, my little ramble here is that when you build something strong, dont skimp on the heads and other breathing-related bits- airflow, not boost.... Pushing high psi through stock ports and cam will always make less power than what i've described above, its simple physics :)

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
The Vband was roughly around 2.5 i just got the exhaust place to make the 2.5pipe and blow it out to 3inch then into my dump, its only couple inches of 2.5

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged vp v6 manual
Charters local ill be seing you this year at ya 8mile drags :)

turbo_vp_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 3.8
thanks vn wagx. will take all advice i can get. have been thinking of getting a turbo cam for my motor and as for the other motor it is going to be a long build as i want to do everything right.

pic of the dyno sheet. only shows 201 but it was the best looking one. best run was 202.4 kw

turbo_vp_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 3.8
ah no probs then Bz Kn33z

turbo_vp_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 3.8
Not too bad :) looks like you've got it running well. There is a few peaks in the powerband, do all the graphs look like that?

200rwkw is fun but just wait till you get to 300+ :p (more boost... cmon do it!)

yeah at the moment all the graphs are like that. will wait till i wind it up and see what it looks like, then might get a retune.

turbo_vp_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 3.8
will be turning up the boost this weekend. up to 14 psi to see what it will do.