Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo VT

Commotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WRX
the manifolds are finished. i added a flex joint in the cross over behind the motor to safe guard against the expansion breaking the gasket seals etc. need to rebuild the turbo so that is what is holding me up at the moment. if i cant get it rebuilt for a decent price i might just have to save up for a new one. the wait is killing me though. id go crazy if my car wasnt currently drivable.

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
nice mate how did the auto handle it? maybe you should just convert it to manual? a good 4000 well spent for quality parts i recon it would be worth it.

Commotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WRX
Update: Turbo is due back monday fully rebuilt. i then have to trial fit the manifolds and check all the clearances and then the manifolds are off to get ceramic coated. once they get back its all going back in so hopefully it will be under 3 weeks till completion.

i also managed a 13.832 at willowbank last weekend with the current dodgy setup so cant wait to see what she does with the new turbo and manifolds.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
nice work! looking ace!

very very impressive manifold manufacture!

Commotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WRX
I got my turbo back finally. all good and ready to go. also got some 4" alloy bend to mount the new pod i have to get onto. loots so much better with the 4" pipe than the 3" one on the current turbo. the wheels in front of the turbo are the old wheels and a newish bearing cartridge that the rebuilder didnt use for some reason.

20080211_174052.jpg

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
looking good how much HP are u expecting to get or have u already dynoed it very nice set up

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
wow update its rwkw when possible i wanna see how hard she goes lol

Commotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WRX
im aiming for 300rwhp on 8psi, which is about 225rwkw. if it doesnt quite reach that a set of YT 1.9 rockers and a retune will bump it over the 300rwhp mark. also got the air filter for it today and have the braided hose and annodised fittings coming tomorrow for the water lines for the turbo since the T04 didnt have them.