Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo vu v6

Peadarbrady

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu 5sp manual ute
Hey guys I'm just wondering what people recommend to turbo my v6 vu 5 sp manual ute I know it's not as easy as it sounds but I want something different and advise would be appreciated cheers

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Turbo V6 is great bang for buck. The Getrag will be ok up to 270rwkw or so and I've tuned a few with Getrags up to 300rwkw but not so keen to go further.

Grab a decent manifold set, 105lb valve springs, NPC organic button clutch, fuel pump and siemens deka 60lb injectors and get a good tune. 250-300rwkw on a china 3582 copy turbo will be easy. Use a Borg Warner S360 up to an S366 and you'll be rewarded big time by using a better turbo!

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
I never understood why holden never factory produced a turbo v6 to compete with fords xr6 turbo.

Sure, they brought out the supercharged 6...but that drains power to make power because its a belt driven rotating mass...turbos are essentially 'free' power. Thats being said...all forced induction is good lol.

still gets me why they would bring out the ly7 alloytech and only have it make the same power (more power in the sv6 sports range) as the l67...and not offer a forced induction model?

I love the sound of a belt whining, and i love the sound of a turbo whistling...and it sounds 10 times better on a v8 than a v6 unfortunately.

I vote u should go one better...do a s/c l67 conversion and then put a turbo on it aswell...

VW has managed to do this to their cars so its not impossible

Last edited:

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I never understood why holden never factory produced a turbo v6 to compete with fords xr6 turbo.

Sure, they brought out the supercharged 6...but that drains power to make power because its a belt driven rotating mass...turbos are essentially 'free' power. Thats being said...all forced induction is good lol.

still gets me why they would bring out the ly7 alloytech and only have it make the same power (more power in the sv6 sports range) as the l67...and not offer a forced induction model?

I love the sound of a belt whining, and i love the sound of a turbo whistling...and it sounds 10 times better on a v8 than a v6 unfortunately.

I vote u should go one better...do a s/c l67 conversion and then put a turbo on it aswell...

VW has managed to do this to their cars so its not impossible

Yeah but they failed emissions hey

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
They didnt fudge up the jetta...they havent been recalled (yet) and run both chargers