Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbo

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
normally you will find its a transbrake

holding a button it will allow the car too build up the boost/revs and once you release the button it will active the drivetrain resulting in the launch

new thing starting too pop up abit with big powerd vls is launch control
same princaple as many supercars use ie lambos, M series bmws

bassicaly it is a program which controls the accelrator and engine when taking from stand still
will stop the car spinning of the line while taking off at the fastest possible speed

few examples of trans brakes - good video :thumbsup:
turbo vy ute
few vls
fuggen tuff 20b rx3 ...........................me droools at the sound :)
YouTube - Private test day - Julz cracks low 8s!

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
Yeah he is talking about when a turbo car is stalling/transbraking (yes they are different)

Some people who cant afford getting a transbrake usually just have their rear brakes and handbrake on at the same time. If you are pushing serious power i wouldnt reccomend it as you will snap your tail shaft or strip your diff.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
on a side not its not only for turbo cars, can be used on non turbo cars but it has no real purpose though then

Also what the person said above is dif too a trans brake. He is talking about stalling the car up which will only allow so much before traction broken.
Trans brake will allow the engine to rev to redline if need be with out breaking traction while standing still

But yes not a thing to put into a aug car. Only use a trans brake if you have the drive train too hold up too the launch

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Transbrake is just as useful on an NA car is it is a turbo car.

Transbrake is a solenoid that holds first and reverse open at the same time on the valve body, when the transbrake is activated, reverse slams shut and gives full power to first gear.

Saves driving off the brake or worrying about converter slip, allows engine to get right into it's torque range and give you maximum acceleration off the line.

Jake.VScommo

Yeaa... About that... Umm
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 toyota 4runner
ive seen a subaru do it at the drags. the lights gone green. the other car has gone and the subaru is still sittin there reving. the commentator said it had NOS so i'm guessing it was reving and releaseing the NOS into the engine and wen it takes off, it's got the NOS boost there. dnt kno if i'm rite but yea :)

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
Transbrake is just as useful on an NA car is it is a turbo car.

Transbrake is a solenoid that holds first and reverse open at the same time on the valve body, when the transbrake is activated, reverse slams shut and gives full power to first gear.

Saves driving off the brake or worrying about converter slip, allows engine to get right into it's torque range and give you maximum acceleration off the line.

Yeah that is 100% correct.

VL Berlina 5speed - I never said that was a transbrake, I said it was what some drag racers do who cant afford one, It almost gives the same affect.