Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS3] Turbocharging VF Clubsport

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Interesting!
I'd better get my car built and engineered quick then, just to be safe if it does change.

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
LOL, this Pirate fella cracks me up.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
So after a few frustrating phone calls, it turns out pirate was correct despite my engineer signing off the build guidelines within ADR specs.

I cannot legally turbocharge my car, nor will you be able to. Supercharging is legal, and I am now in the process of sourcing a Procharger i-1 which to my understanding will make me the first person in AUS to have a Procharger i-1 fitted to an L77!

I've contacted a couple of workshops to do the fitting and tuning and signs look positive despite it not being done yet, their are some concerns regarding fitment but hopefully it will be sorted out before I fork out!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
So after a few frustrating phone calls, it turns out pirate was correct despite my engineer signing off the build guidelines within ADR specs.

I cannot legally turbocharge my car, nor will you be able to. Supercharging is legal, and I am now in the process of sourcing a Procharger i-1 which to my understanding will make me the first person in AUS to have a Procharger i-1 fitted to an L77!

I've contacted a couple of workshops to do the fitting and tuning and signs look positive despite it not being done yet, their are some concerns regarding fitment but hopefully it will be sorted out before I fork out!
So you can legally fit something that does the same job as a turbo, but with less efficiency. Hahahahaha

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
So you can legally fit something that does the same job as a turbo, but with less efficiency. Hahahahaha

Unfortunately yes, the fun police prevail!

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I still find this interesting?
I thought that if an engineer (the person who decides if it is safe) gives approval, then it is legally able to be registered?

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
I still find this interesting?
I thought that if an engineer (the person who decides if it is safe) gives approval, then it is legally able to be registered?

So did I, I believe the laws changed in September last year.

Sucks majorly.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I can't see why there'd be a difference between supercharging or turbocharging, wouldn't they simply class it as "forced induction"? That's almost as stupid as some posts made by a certain high-seas plunderer

QAR

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS-V Wagon
I can't see why there'd be a difference between supercharging or turbocharging, wouldn't they simply class it as "forced induction"? That's almost as stupid as some posts made by a certain high-seas plunderer

Haha, you seriously have no idea and you are calling someone stupid behind their back, do your own research, pick yourself up or get in the sea.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha, you seriously have no idea and you are calling someone stupid behind their back, do your own research, pick yourself up or get in the sea.

Nuff said really.