Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS3] Turbocharging VF Clubsport

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Haha, you seriously have no idea and you are calling someone stupid behind their back, do your own research, pick yourself up or get in the sea.

Welcome back Pirate. Can you please enlighten me as to where it differentiates between supercharging and turbocharging a car? The table for LA1 in Christov's link shows either Naturally Aspirated or Turbo/Supercharged, so how can Christov "legally" have a supercharger installed but not a turbocharger?

Also, if you're going to create a new account, dont have one similar to your original. That's just common sense.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u can have a charger because holden have done the testing and approval when they sent them over to the uk charged from factory so it complies with adr and emissions, the turbo is similar but not the same and holden havnt done any research on them so they dont pass, its one of the ones where u can do the mod only because that series car had it from factory, this also dosnt mean any charger will suit u still need to prove it will pass... thats my understanding anyway...

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
07GTS is correct. Herron if u actually read the document you will clearly see that you CANNOT turbo the car legally. It's really not that complicated. The sections pirate quoted are in the link, read it for yourself.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
I read the document Christov. What I'm saying is that it doesn't differentiate between turbocharging and supercharging, the document always states "turbocharging or supercharging". It also mentions forced induction being legal if the manufacturer offered it standard or as an option for that model, seeing as the only blown models were the GTS, I can't see how adding a blower to your Redline would be legal, especially as the blower you'll be using is not the same top mount as the LSA.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Why all the stress with getting it engineered any way? Based on the document the second you make more than 20% more power than factory it needs to be engineered. Don't see all the bolt on guys running out to get theirs done.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Why all the stress with getting it engineered any way? Based on the document the second you make more than 20% more power than factory it needs to be engineered. Don't see all the bolt on guys running out to get theirs done.

Exactly. Anything more than a full zorst, intake and tune would exceed 20%. Just turbo it and be done with it.

Fk knows how you can get any modifications done legally nowadays, so you may as well go for a blown big block with a big n ugly out the bonnet with EPA-SUX number plates.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
I think the moral of this story is that we live in a nanny state.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I think the moral of this story is that we live in a nanny state.
Meh just drive the thing. Don't drive like a douche bag and you're all good.

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Yeah this thread went to ****. Forced induction is forced induction as per the LA1. Truth be told even if your car is "fully engineered" if something happens insurance companies will find a way out of paying. Just turbo it like everyone else. And stop listening to that idiot pirate.