Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turned 18, getting a vz sv6

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
get a manual if you can, youll get bored of an auto. And dont rush to buy one, you said you need one in two weeks, i learnt my lesson, dont get caught in the moment and buy something you may regret, take your time and be prepared to walk away and wait for the right car.

Took me about 4 months of searching to find my ute, i wanted manual, leather, low k's, hard cover an either Turismo blue, Impulse blue or devil yellow, the fact i paid 15k was just a bonus, but me saying that, take your time to find the right one dude, you wont regret waiting to find it :)

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
I can see another VZ at the Auctions, wreckers or Panel shop in the next few months.

jamesmp

The Photo Journalist
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Members Ride
MY12 VE Commodore SS
As others have said, it's tempting to put the pedal to the metal but combined with inexperience this may lead to disaster. Learn to drive first, then give her a few good squirts.

An SV6 is definitely a good choice. They're still a favourite of mine, even after a decade of driving.

jayvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commdore 290
one of the best cars i have ever driven
coming from someone who lloves the **** out of imports and drifting
put a 307 lsd dif in the back of 190 vz
what a beautifull macheine

mazaa93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Sv6
A good quality K&N cold air intake (not just a poddy), Extractors and definitely lowered shocks and springs. Also some nice VX GTS 19" rims (IMO they are the best factory rims ever!) or some VE Series 2 SS rims.
nah i want some 20" rims ;) what colour rims go with a silver sv6 you reckon?

I can see another VZ at the Auctions, wreckers or Panel shop in the next few months.
not at the auctions or wreckers, but maybe at the Panel shop coz i wanna get the spoiler holes welded :)

As others have said, it's tempting to put the pedal to the metal but combined with inexperience this may lead to disaster. Learn to drive first, then give her a few good squirts.

An SV6 is definitely a good choice. They're still a favourite of mine, even after a decade of driving.
i'm actually a responsible driver. well it looks like sv6 is the way to go at the moment!
my bro has a ve sv6, so i reckon they'll go nice side by side :)

jamesmp

The Photo Journalist
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Members Ride
MY12 VE Commodore SS
I've had a VX S and now a VE SV6. Both very good cars. VE has considerably more power.