Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tweeter question

lasco

lasco
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
ive looked around the site for an answer but came up empty handed.
my factory dash tweeters are not working because ive got my pioneer HU in correct?. So my question is how do i hook up my infinity tweeters? i cant hook em up to the current wiring can I? my mate got his tweeters installed by some auto shop, and he cant hear em, so im guessing they fu#*#d up. how do i go about hooking it all up?

also, if im running 270w infinity 6" in the front and pioneer 160w 6" in the rear, if i added a pioneer 1000w sub, would the jaycar RESPONSE CAR AMP 4X100WRMS be able to power the system?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
r ur in infinity speakers splits? if not i think u just wire them up 2 the +ve -ve on the speaker terminals tho u wont b able 2 control the sound of the tweeters could b wrong bout that bit tho.

ur amp on the other hand will work fine

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
get some crossovers and do it properly...

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
Your splits should have come with a crossover, so the tweeters will need to be re-wired regardless. Or did you just buy the tweeters on their own? If you just bought the tweeters then you'll need to get yourself crossovers, and again, re-wire them.
Just do it properly, don't try cutting any corners and you'll end up with the best possible results. Cut corners and you'll have problems.

lasco

lasco
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
yer sorry, the infinity speakers are splits, i got the tweeters and splits. yer must do it properly. like u sed JBDrifter, if i do it properly il get the results i want, if not, ill stuff it up. thanks...

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
yer sorry, the infinity speakers are splits, i got the tweeters and splits. yer must do it properly. like u sed JBDrifter, if i do it properly il get the results i want, if not, ill stuff it up. thanks...

Splits consist of a tweeter and a woofer... not tweeter and splits. Just so you know the proper terms. Splits are also called "components".

So anyway... did your splits come with crossovers? I would imagine that they would have, so you should just use those crossovers that came with them.

lasco

lasco
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
yer sorry, wrong terminology. yes my SPLITS came with crossovers.

Joe_222

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
that amp will run your splits and your rears but you'll need another amp for your sub.

as for your splits you'll need to wire your head unit to your amp via rca's through your headunits front pre out and then wire from amp to + and - inputs on your crossovers. Then you'll find + and - outs on the crossover for tweeter and woofer and you just wire these up as per the markings on the crossover.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
only go for the jaycar 4x130Wrms (its 130watts big difference, dunt know why they did not market it as that?!) if you can tune your system and hear distorsion. this amp can make it VERY easy to over power the speakers. go for the 4x50Wrms smaller and cheaper. then get either the 400Wrms jaycar class Dor the 150Wrmsx2 (i think its 150W, its the biggest 2 channel they make) to power the sub.
your system will sound better to set it up this way.
plus 4 speakers and a sub dont connect too well to a 4 channel amp. it can be done, depends if you value the SQ of the system or your wallet. (currently its wallet for me, tight times!)

lasco

lasco
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
thanks guys, now just really gotta decide on the sub i want. thanks for all the input, very helpfull!!