Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

twin 2 1/4 exhaust questions

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
####################

Last edited:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
mates vp n/a wagon runs twin 2 1/4 into 3inch with twin cats and paccies competition i have to admit its sound freakin tough for a 6 now. This was the system that NAAB recomeded and so did a few other joints. A full twin system should be plenty for small boosted 6

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
####################

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The cross over pipe speeds up exhaust velocity. Picture each exhaust bank firing alternatively, each exhaust pulse travels down the pipe creating a low pressure area behind it. The faster these pulses can travel the lower the pressure is behind it. This low pressure area helps to "suck" the next pulse along behind it. With each two revolutions of the crank, you have three pulses down each pipe at regular intervals. With the X pipe, you add an extra "half" pulse to each bank as well as increasing the low pressure area behind it in it's original pipe. This adds to the scavenging effect thus making more room for clean air. As the exhaust pulse travels through the X pipe, it is closer to the pulse in front of it from the opposite bank so this "sucks" it along a bit quicker. It also creates more low pressure behind it in it's original pipe as it is now moving faster.

And with the twin 2 1/4" question, yes, twin into a single 3" will be enough, unless you stroke it and blow it.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Yep spot on abba forgot about the crossover pipe. And thanks for the recommendation NAAB it worked out really wel its a pity your on the otherside of the country and we couldnt give you any business

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I'm glad it worked out for you.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
####################