Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

twin Exhaust on VZ V6

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
i work in a garage and we had a vt v6 on the hoist, i looked under there and the hangers were there on the drivers side, just no rubbers as it was just the stock exhaust. i would have assumed that the vz would have had the hangers there, just without rubbers?

Nope not on my acclaim (and guessing not the exec. either)

There is the position on the frame that supports the hanger, just missing the hanger rod itself

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yep, I've done a few Exec exhausts and they only have one hanger.

Tuttle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Would love to hear it on a attached vid when it's all set up :)

Did it last night, mate welded the hanger on the drivers side and hooked it about (1 hour install)

Cant feel any performance improvement but i never expected to, main reason for installing it was so that when i put my foot down it doesnt sound high pitched.

There is a very slight change in exhaust tone, on start up it is a little lower in pitch than the old single 2 1/4, when driving it just sounds slightly lower still in sound. It doesnt sound like a V8 on a big exhaust but it doesnt sound like a rice box which is good.

If you want a big noise from the exhaust this is not what you want. if you want a slightly lower tone from the exhaust then this would do, i didnt want an exhaust that sounded like i was trying to be a V8 cause its not, this just takes the high pitch sound out of the exhaust when i put my foot down.

for $100 bucks and 1 hours work i am very pleased.

The dual tips also looks a million times better than the pissy little black pipe that stuck out with the stock exhaust

Tuttle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Would love to hear it on a attached vid when it's all set up :)

Will get a video soon

Yep, I've done a few Exec exhausts and they only have one hanger.

Would love to see a video of one of your 3" exhaust that you have for the V6, i have seen some from a Sv6 but would like to hear what it sounds like on a stock 175kw

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
wait dont the VZ V6 have the fuel tank in the way of the drivers side which causes not being able to do a dual muffler exhaust?

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
wait dont the VZ V6 have the fuel tank in the way of the drivers side which causes not being able to do a dual muffler exhaust?

My VZ SV6 does, the fuel tank is in the way, not sure how dual could be done.

Tuttle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim

didnt have a problem with the fuel tank, i am talking about a dual exhaust that still only goes to one side not a split exhaust (one either side of the car)