Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Plate clutch suggestions

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
my twin cerametelic was like 2.5k way back when they first go into Aus good to see pricing is reasonable, if i had to again id prob go the triple, mine being PD boost it hits hard and fast so if u have the vortech least its more easy down low as long as it can still hold up top

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Same here, the PD's smash hard and I'm planning on a 2650 soon. I'm surprised to see the price of the 9000 has dropped since I got mine 12 months ago. Paid 1.9k I notice they're 1.7k now. Well worth the bucks

Maserati

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
my twin cerametelic was like 2.5k way back when they first go into Aus good to see pricing is reasonable, if i had to again id prob go the triple, mine being PD boost it hits hard and fast so if u have the vortech least its more easy down low as long as it can still hold up top
Did you go rigid or sprung friction plates? I cant decide. Rigid is supposed to handle more power, but I'm worried about drivability with the rigid. Any input would be appreciated.

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore SSV Sedan
Did you go rigid or sprung friction plates? I cant decide. Rigid is supposed to handle more power, but I'm worried about drivability with the rigid. Any input would be appreciated.
What power and torque are you making?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
mine is the closest to race but im pretty sure i have the sprung as its very streetable, there seem to be more options now days, i think the next up from mine was rigid for race,

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
mine is the closest to race but im pretty sure i have the sprung as its very streetable, there seem to be more options now days, i think the next up from mine was rigid for race,
my car currently has the twin plate ceramic rigid. it is very much not streetable

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
550 hp at rear. Don't remember torque, cant find my dyno sheet at the moment. Did you end up getting a twin plate? Rigid/sprung?
twin plate ceramic rigid as I needed the torque handling. Would not suggest it for a street car ever.

Maserati

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
twin plate ceramic rigid as I needed the torque handling. Would not suggest it for a street car ever.
yeah that's a bit much, but are you unhappy with it, are you going to change it? you said 750, was that at the treads? Extreme clutch do a organic rigid rated to 1300Nm, wouldn't that of been enough for you?