Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Throthle Bodies verus V8 throthle Bodiy

slyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR- Commodore 3.8, Auto
Has anyone done any throthle body modifications to VR V6 auto and what has been the outcome.
1 - twin throthle bodies and pictures would be nice, outcome in throthle respounce and torque from low to mid range.
2 - V8 throthle body outcome in throthle respounce and torque from low to mid range.

ARE THERE ANY OTHER MANIFOLD DESIGNS AVIALABLE OR ARE WE STUCK WITH WHAT WE GOT.
Any respounce will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

S

sikvs

i have vs but would assume you would get similar results in the vr. firstly ecotech has 63mm TB (only 2mm smaller then the 5L v8) so i upgraded to a single bored out 69mm TB. power down low to mid was improved a bit and i was pretty pleased with the outcome considering the price (bout $150) but about a week ago i got a twin throttle manifold with 2x65mm TBs... OMG! there is no comparison at all, the twin throttles increase low down torque so much its not funny, if youve got the money then definitely go twin throttles, you wont be dissapointed.

below is my car as it is now :)

Attachments

• 100_0005.JPG
    100_0005.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 340
V

vsII manual

That Twin TB set up looks awesome!
Did you have to get your chip recalibrated to cope with the extra air in the motor?
What are they worth, about 2 grand?

markc3012

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss Commodore
Twin throttle bodies.....SWEET!!!! Would love some of those on my SS

S

sikvs

1800 with piping, and no i didnt need to get the ecu tuned but i probably should but theres no point as im rebuilding the whole engine soon to make way for a turbo :)

S

sikvs

coarse grit sand paper, then finer grit, then finer grit then extremely fine grit (2000 feels like paper) and the purple metal polish with a bit of elbow grease :) you can polish up anything

Banno

A Ute is your destinty...
Reaction score
Website
shanebannisterphotography.com
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Whats the fuel situation like...

I would imagine that you'd go through a tank twice as fast...
Is that the case?? Cos I'm starting to look into it but with petty prices slowly rocketing up the idea's been a bit on the back burner...

N

nexus

i dunno, every mod i do to mine i seem to plant the boot harder... :p