Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin throttle bodies

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
Soooo... i just bought this:

38886085.jpg

10342345.jpg

Any ideas on how much more power im going to get? Or if it was even worth buying?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
bolt that **** on and try it LOL would hate to look back and wonder hmm would that have worked .she may require some tuning :D if it doesnt work N/A aim a turbo into each one LOL

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Mate that looks funky as,, a lil bit different to mine least you wont have bonnet issues tho by the looks,, i didn notice much down low, but once it got to about 3000rpm it started to rev a lil quicker an get up some speed. other then the cool factor oh having dual throttle bodies i think you need some support mods to really get some gains. for example im getting yella terra rockers, high flow cat, just anything that will help it breath heaps better,,

All good having loads of air going in but if it cant get out any quicker then there is no real point. That's a nice find tho, as i said a lil different to others iv seen, how much was it if you done mine me asking?

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
bolt that **** on and try it LOL would hate to look back and wonder hmm would that have worked .she may require some tuning :D if it doesnt work N/A aim a turbo into each one LOL

Were would someone get a tune for something like this, I have duals but no one is keen to do a tune for it...
Is it something that you could do?

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
Im a p plater meaning no forced induction :(

I have extractors, high flow cat, and i bought a dyno tuned memcal and chip from RUF 231... Just waiting for all of this to arrive. Should get the chip and memcal next week and the throttle body on friday... (these arent my pics)

Can anyone guess how much i paid for this? :D

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
You gotta bolt 2 turbos up to that man thats awesome:thumbsup:
just saw P plates:supersad:

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
$150.
I don't think it'll make any difference TBH.
Engine will still only use as much air as it needs and the manifold will still restrict it.

Maybe with a bigger cam and a decent exhaust system might you see some good gains.

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
$150.
I don't think it'll make any difference TBH.
Engine will still only use as much air as it needs and the manifold will still restrict it.

Maybe with a bigger cam and a decent exhaust system might you see some good gains.

Nawww... :( Well ill get back to you guys when i actually hook it up

More than that though.

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
Yea 300... I jsut wanted to see how much ppl thought it was worth to see if i got ripped or not haha