Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

twin turbo 202?

VKorie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK commodore
for my first car i got a VK with a stock black engine, i wanna make it fast and i want it twin turbo'd
is this a good idea or am i dreaming? has anyone seen it done and work well?

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Dreaming unless you want to spend around 20x the value of your car on a turbo setup

VKorie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK commodore
even when the car is in mint order, only 100, 000km and manual etc...
do you get good power etc?
maybe single turbo instead?

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
even when the car is in mint order, only 100, 000km and manual etc...
do you get good power etc?
maybe single turbo instead?

Do a bit of google search for what needs re-inforcing / strengthening and replacing to make it cope with a single turbo let alone two. Cut corners when installing a turbo and you will destroy your car quicker than you realize.

Power wise - bang for buck would be best off dropping in a V8 and putting a little bit of cash into mods. Still end up thousands cheaper than a TT setup. Thats my opinion - someone may correct me

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I disagree.....if I was in ur shoes I'd go turbo just to give it a crack. There's manifolds available but they seem to be worth a bit these days, so make ur own using a set of extractors, few bits of pipe and a flange (I could prolly make a 202 turbo manifold for under $100). Then buy some more pipe to make a dump pipe. Maybe use an EFI intake manifold, run the injection gear, go an aftermarket ECU or even a delco conversion and get the memcal played with. Change to an EFI tank, maybe run an 044 pump, rising rate fuel reg. That's a rough guide.

If u can do most of it urself, it can be done cheap....but you'll need the tools like a welder and grinder otherwise you'll be paying someone else to do it. If the most work you've done on ur car is give it an oil change and fit a cd player, don't bother. And if it's ur daily driver, again don't bother. It'll be off the road for....days, weeks, months, maybe forever lol, and you'll prolly blow up a motor or 2 trying to get it right. But that's what makes it fun aye! :thumbsup:

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Better still go for a twin turbo 304. Probably won't cost a whole lot more for much bigger gains.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Will cost a whole lot more when ya blow it up haha. That's the reason I went 253, ya can pick up a runner for $50. Sad thing is my twin turbo 253 dunga that's slapped 2gether and cost around 2-3k has the potential to flog my 12k 308 lol.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Sad thing is my twin turbo 253 dunga that's slapped 2gether and cost around 2-3k has the potential to flog my 12k 308 lol.

you see, I knew the 253 had their uses!

VKorie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK commodore
fair go...
sounds like a challenge... maybe just a rb25det?