Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin turbo sv6

.FOREVER SIDEWAYZ.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Lumina Wagon
hows it only 10 grand ? i spoke to somebody about a single turbo kit for my omega which is the same as the sv6 kit and i was told 6500-7500 and they also told me that
there is no twin turbo kit available for the v6..
hopefully you are telling the truth and it comes out good, will be great to see something different!

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Not hard to take two turbos and bend up some pipework, doesnt need to be a readily available kit for it to be possible.

duehicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan
I kno very little about it. Just went to the shop told em I want 1 turbo on each bank and to run at about 4psi to start with. Will work more into it when I get more cash to upgrade the motor a lil. I'm a complete noob with the engine parts but I'm thinking that the supercharged cars are runnin withou much up grades on there motors pushing 8-9 psi.

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
This will cost more than $10K in the end. Good luck.

I woulda sold the car and bought a V8 personally.

Matt293

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VE SV6 M6
sounds awesome, ur in luck with the alloytec, they are built from the factory with forged conrods and a forged crankshaft.
im currently saving up for the single turbo kit for my sv6
good luck with it.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
This will cost more than $10K in the end. Good luck.

I woulda sold the car and bought a V8 personally.

Some people dont want to be sheep. There are other ways of making power.
If he has the money why not try something new. Dont forget the skylines are a turboed V6 and look at the numbers they get from them!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Some people dont want to be sheep. There are other ways of making power.
If he has the money why not try something new. Dont forget the skylines are a turboed V6 and look at the numbers they get from them!

Because the alloytec is a fantastic engine....

Kit will be about 10ish no worries. Standalone kits are around 7 - 8 without fuel systems and tuning. Interested to see it happen, also refreshing to see a v6 owner just come out and go FI without the usual piss around wanting power from and exhaust....

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Good luck to the OP. $10k is not a lot of money when we are talking about modifying engines. As someone else has said, be prepared to replace other parts of the engine/ driveline that will break due to the modification - there us nothing more frustrating than spending $10k only to have to leave the car in the driveway because of money.

Please keep us posted with updates and pictures as this comes together, should be fantastic when you are done!

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
I really dont think your giving the alloytec enough credit guys. Don't performance manifolds have a VZ sv6 with FI running 11sec quarters with mostly stock internals?

I think the right sized twin turbos, keep the boost low, bring down the static compression with some thicker head gaskets and some tailored camshafts the sv6 could be a real weapon and still maintain full reliability.