Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Turbo VT V6

BoostedV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Twin Turbo
Model: 1999 VTII Executive
Colour: Panther Mica
Engine Type: Supercharged L67 V6 with Ecotec Heads (formaly Ecotec)
Exhaust: 2.5 inch Lukey cat back currently (upgrading to custom built twin 3inch into single 4 inchwhen build is done)
Gearbox: Auto is currently Stasge 2 shift kit but will be upgrade with stall convertor and built tough
Brakes: HSV calipers on the front and slotted rotors all round
Suspension: Ultra Low Kings springs and lowered gas struts and shocks to suit. Urathane front bushes inc sway bar and k frame
Wheels/Tyres: Previously had Vx GTS (i think) as seen in picstures atm has nothing but stockies on it whilst bieng built
Interior: Standard
Stereo: Kenwood Head Unit with pioneer 6x9's in rear and stock fronts
Engine Mods: Include a rebuilt L67 bottom end running a Come Racing billet turbo cam with 535 of lift. Heads had been rebuiolt and cleaned up with 3 angle valve jobs, Valve Springs will be getting replaced shortly to to meet the cams huge lift. Has Custom Turbo Manifolds (built by me) running 2 Garrett 500hp turbo's with 2 Turbosmart 38mm sleeper series wastegates, External oil feeds, Twin Throttle plenum, Custom Twin Intercoolers modified by me to fit the front of the car. Microtech ECU. Super6 injectors
Fuel System: Stock pump as lift pump into 1.5lt surge tank to bosch 044 fuel pump. Paxton riseing rate reg into split feed to vs billet fuel rails split return to tank, 580cc RX7 injectors
Power: Previous single turbo Setup made Around 230rwkw @ 10 psi New setup will hopefully be in the region of 320-350rwkw and 15-18 psi
Other Mods:] Fiberglass VX Clupsport body kit, Air con Removed, Battery in boot, Alternator relocated, Catch can, Custom Made Rocker Covers

Other Info: All Fabrication work is done by me persionally including all the Turbo Manifolds, Dump pipes, twin Throttles, catch cans all that stuff basically if its been modified ive done it myself. Car was previusly running a Single t4 turbo setup with tuned length pipes and front mount intercooler. I built that one myself aswell and it is currently for sale (PM Me if interested)

A Big thanks to George at Proflow for use of his workshop and overseeing project and Pub247 for being a legend and guru on commodores and coming up with brillant ideas and for posting this thread :p
boostedv6-albums-my-turbo-vt-vt-v6-picture5841-06-12-08-1758.jpg

boostedv6-albums-my-turbo-vt-vt-v6-picture5840-13-12-08-1930.jpg

boostedv6-albums-my-turbo-vt-vt-v6-picture5843-photo0279.jpg

boostedv6-albums-my-turbo-vt-vt-v6-picture5839-p23-06-09-1704.jpg

boostedv6-albums-my-turbo-vt-vt-v6-picture5838-azz-car-1.jpg

boostedv6-albums-my-turbo-vt-vt-v6-picture5842-photo0280.jpg

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
Sweet VT you have there mate, looks like alot of time and effort is going into it, the out come should be good

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Wow amazing about time you got on here even if i did have to do it all for you:p This car is unreal guys the amount of custom work hes done on it incredible especially for a guy that does it for a hobby not a job his work is as good as if not better than some business' do.

EDIT a goood job by me i posted the thread and made a few errors ignore the double listing of injectors i didnt realise he's changed them since then

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Nice looking car. Looks like a great job you've done on all the fabricated parts :thumbsup:

How/why did you end up with L36 heads on a L67 bottom-end?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I'll answer this one motor has been rebuilt for turbo setup hance the use of eco heads as using l67 manifold wasnt going to work with turbo setup. George at proflow built the motor

BoostedV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Twin Turbo
thanks the heads drop stright on cos its a na block

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I'll answer this one motor has been rebuilt for turbo setup hance the use of eco heads as using l67 manifold wasnt going to work with turbo setup. George at proflow built the motor

Seems obvious now you say it :)

So I gather the pistons/rods/crank etc are all the L67 boost-ready parts then? Sounds like a good setup :)

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Seems obvious now you say it :)

So I gather the pistons/rods/crank etc are all the L67 boost-ready parts then? Sounds like a good setup :)
Yep thats pretty much it theres no difference really between blocks

Hey mate top looking car, I'm considering getting mine sprayed black. I read the power output, but what kind of torque does it have? Have you ran it at the 1/4?

PS. Pretty sure they are VY GTS rims, not VX.

I wasn't sure when i posted the thread for him what rims they were i knew they were gts of some sort. New setup isnt complete yet but i'm sure when he takes it down the quarter he'll let people know. torque on the new setup should be beyond the 500nm mark

I feel like a prick for answering all his replies :p