Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tyre change for lowered ve

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
hey guys,

hope everyone is well ?

ive noticed i need to change ny rear tyres due to nornal wear and currently i have monroe gt sport shocks installed all round with SSL front and SL rear. springs.
I can feel its firmer in the rear as i know having comfort when lowered is hard as im running on 245/35/20 tyres on my 20" supersports.

Can i go with changing both my rear tyres with a bigger sidewall or something to help with the ride in the rear ?

thanks all :)

Last edited:

bob builder

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
I have a ve sedan with ssl front and sl rear with monroe shocks and the tyres wear very even, have you had wheel alighnment checked?
also have ve sedan with ssl front and rear and they wear even as well

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
I've had a wheel alignment and everything is Good, I just noticed I need a new rear tyre due to normal wear.

Just my question is can I maybe go a tyre with a bigger side wall to help improve the comfort in the rear ?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I've had a wheel alignment and everything is Good, I just noticed I need a new rear tyre due to normal wear.

Just my question is can I maybe go a tyre with a bigger side wall to help improve the comfort in the rear ?

Not without the speedo being out...

Best bet for a more comfortable ride, would be change rim diametre, so you have more sidewall in the tyre....