Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre Help Please..

Jock

Reaction score
hi all, need some new tyres for my vz wagon. Currently using the original rE92s. i have visited the local tyre shops and had the following recommendations
Dunlop 300E
Pirelli p7
Yokohama A Drive
Bridgeston Turanza GR-90
or stick with RE 92s.

The car is only really driven around town but would like something that is quiet. i want to stick with the stock size 205/65R15.
Any and all opinions greatfully accepted.
thanks in advance.

vangara

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevvy Lumina LTZ
go for the turanza, they are really silent and good value for money.

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
I would suggest GT Radial Champiro 228

Awesome tyres for their price.

GT Radial

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Lol brad you love your gt radials.

I'd go some Toyo TEO's mate.

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Well they are a great tyre and great grip in the wet if you ever got to get out the way of anything.

My next set will be Gt's for sure, not that size but yep ive had them on a couple of cars, cant speak highly enough about them.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Yeah thay are good, i haven't dealt much with them, but if its only around town, he could get away with putting some cheapies on

[Linkin Park]

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
'04 VZ Executive, '98 EL Falcon, '95 NF Fairlane
Lol brad you love your gt radials.

I'd go some Toyo TEO's mate.

I have Toyo Teo Plus Eco's 205 65 R15 they are good for life, previously i had Pirelli P6's they had better grip but wore out quicker. The Pirelli P7 Is a little better than the P6. The prices are about the same.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Yeah thay are good, i haven't dealt much with them, but if its only around town, he could get away with putting some cheapies on

There is no such thing as a good cheap tyre. To compromise safety, even for JUST around town, for the sake of a few dollars is both irresponsible and potentially dangerous for the vehicle's occupants and anyone else in close proximity.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
There is no such thing as a good cheap tyre. To compromise safety, even for JUST around town, for the sake of a few dollars is both irresponsible and potentially dangerous for the vehicle's occupants and anyone else in close proximity.

Uhh what? Firstly yes there is such thing as a good cheap tyre. You could only be talking about retreads which i would never recommend to anyone.

You have Top of the range tyres, Mid-range and entry level. Forget about retreads here.

All tyres are made to/for Australian standards to be sold here. They are not "potentially dangerous" at all, nor will they cause any danger such as exploding. In fact they usually last a bit longer compared to top of the range tyres because of their harder compund.

Of course the bigger wheels you have the more you notice the quality in them, but for 15"s its perfectly fine.

And finally, not everyone can afford the best tyres out, so that is why the cheaper options are there.

zig_zig69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina
i work for my father who owns a tyre service and we are not a branch store so we do not try and sell just one brand i agree with the guy about cheap tyres not being that bad, yes there is some cheap and nasty tyres as long as you are not buying retreads 95% of them are perfectly fine for everyday use. i reccomend maxxis tyres for a good tyre that isnt overly priced and if you want top range toyo teo's are amazing quality i personally think bridgestones are over priced and you are paying for there advertising im not saying there crap im just saying that there is alot better out there for the money.. this is only my opinion though.