Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre placard not matching wheels ?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
My car is 2016 VF SS Black edition.
It came with stock 18" wheels.

Today while I was cleaning it I noticed something odd on the tyre placard.

It is a sticker for 20" wheels ?!?
The size corresponds to optional Baretta wheels. Can someone with Baretta wheels confirm if their tyre placard is the same?

My theory is that the dealer at some stage removed the factory fitted 20s and put 18s on as the car was on the lot for a few months before I bought it.

How could I check what wheels were factory fitted to it ? Contact Holden with VIN number ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180127-190036.jpg
    Screenshot_20180127-190036.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 203

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Refer to the brochures, 20" wheels are optional fit on VF2 except Motorsport versions, my dealer sold me the ute with 20" and they changed the placard accordingly. Guess at one stage your dealer fitted the 20" wheels on your car and changed the placard then swapped the wheels onto another car later on and forgot to put the original placard back on. You can always ask your dealer to get you a correct placard. It is quite common for dealers to swap wheels on their vehicles in stock.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I am putting redline wheels on it anyway so not fussed about the placard. I might email holden as I am curious if 20" were fitted in the factory.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
My car is 2016 VF SS Black edition.
It came with stock 18" wheels.

Today while I was cleaning it I noticed something odd on the tyre placard.

It is a sticker for 20" wheels ?!?
The size corresponds to optional Baretta wheels. Can someone with Baretta wheels confirm if their tyre placard is the same?

My theory is that the dealer at some stage removed the factory fitted 20s and put 18s on as the car was on the lot for a few months before I bought it.

How could I check what wheels were factory fitted to it ? Contact Holden with VIN number ?

Checked my 2016 SS and std 18", put money on yourcar had the 20" from factory and swapped later.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
What is your vin? PM me if you want.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Anthony did the check and as suspected the car left the factory with 20" wheel option.
The dealer obviously removed them for whatever reason and replaced with 18s and left the factory fitted placard.

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
Will dealers only change the placard in situations like this? ie there's proof that it left the factory and that a dealer changed the wheels?

I've fitted HF20s to my base model '17 SS and now the placard doesn't match. Given I've done this myself after purchase - mainly because the dealer I bought my car from was going to charge too much to order with this option - would a dealer change the placard to match the wheels on my car now, given they're a factory option?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Will dealers only change the placard in situations like this? ie there's proof that it left the factory and that a dealer changed the wheels?

I've fitted HF20s to my base model '17 SS and now the placard doesn't match. Given I've done this myself after purchase - mainly because the dealer I bought my car from was going to charge too much to order with this option - would a dealer change the placard to match the wheels on my car now, given they're a factory option?

You can buy the various placards from the dealership's spare parts department so I would guess they'd also fit one if you paid them.

A number of members on the forum have bought them.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6

As Panhead said....The dealer will probably change it if for you if you were paying as they will do anything for a buck, or alternatively just source the new tyre placard and fit it yourself......Job done
At the end of the day who is going to know your car came with 18's and not 20's.

I make this comment below in a very loose & general manner also:
As long as the tyre placard inside the door matches the wheel/tyre combo on your car, you won't have any trouble with some over zealous uniform with a badge should you be pulled over for a random check and they compare the tyre sizes to the placard.

Maz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R M6
When sticking on the new one, should the original be removed?