Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre pressure?

Pommy09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S2
Just wondering what the recommended tyre pressure is for 245/40zr19 98w xl? Just havent been able to find anything so far yet

CeeBro

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE 2007 Lumina
Hi pommy09 i've been searching aswell but to no avail have i found anything aswell..

i'd put in 36 - 42 PSI of air in them.

or you could call up the place you bought it from and get more information there.

Pommy09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S2
The only thing is that these tyres came with the car when i bought it a while ago, never bother as they came with full tread

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
38-42PSI will be fine.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Just wondering what the recommended tyre pressure is for 245/40zr19 98w xl? Just havent been able to find anything so far yet

For that tyre GMH recommends 36 psi front and 36 psi rear for a normal load.. With a maximum load in the car GMH recommends Front 39 psi and Rear 44 psi.

If you have a look at the tyre placard on the drivers door frame of your VE I think you will find suggested tyre pressures might be printed there as well..

The 36 psi for normal loads is a compromise comfort pressure and if you want to go a few pounds higher for normal running that is fine. I tend to run around 39/38 for the size tyres I have but some others prefer a few pounds higher.

Run too high in the rear though and you will find you will wear out the centre of the rear tyre treads before the sides of the treads.

You will find the maximum permitted pressure for the tyres you have printed on the sidewall.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
All car manufacturers recommended tyre pressures are for comfort....Not for tyre life.....Car manufacturers don't care how long the tyres last.

Start @38psi, and keep an eye on the rears....If both edges start feathering after 3-5,000 kays, add another 2 psi....If the centre starts to wear more than the edges, drop 2 psi....

Unfortunately, you'll have to keep an eye on them for a while, to make the judgement on what is the best pressure for your driving style because everyones driving style is different....Make sure you use your own pressure gauge as every gauge reads differently