Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre pressures

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
lol! bigfattytool (regular **** stirrer) posts a lot of unclaimed & ill relevant posts on here. So for him to recommend 50psi is one of many facts of ****... :blah blah:

Lovely mate. My tires say 50psi........ guess what buddy..... if someone dyno's your car they pump them to the recommended pressure "if they know what their doing" due to the high speed.

So yes BUD I run my tyres around 42psi which are set to run 50 psi recommended if ur racing or towing loads.

Got a problem with that?.....

PS. Your tires do crack btw if u run them under a decent pressure "Mr I think I'm so imporant". Go ask a tire place..... oh but hey u dont have to, you think your it = "Your a Tool"

Last edited:

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
in the 19's had - 40psi max
in the 17's i had - 36psi
in the 18's i have - 38-40psi.

more pressure the harder the ride...

id say minimum 34psi... max 42psi
any more than 42psi and youd be be overinflating and making your handling worse on a road tyre

50psi is just stupid, thats what we pump out burnout tyres to so they go big BANG!

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
depends on the tyre, brand and quality as to how high they are rated. but generally i think we'd all agree somewhere between 6-8 psi lower then rated capacity is probably about right.

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
in the 19's had - 40psi max
in the 17's i had - 36psi
in the 18's i have - 38-40psi.

more pressure the harder the ride...

id say minimum 34psi... max 42psi
any more than 42psi and youd be be overinflating and making your handling worse on a road tyre

50psi is just stupid, thats what we pump out burnout tyres to so they go big BANG!

Just for curiosity, are the pressures quoted above measured when the tyres are cold (ie. before car is driven) or when they are warm to hot (ie. driven after several km's)? EG. if the placard states 36psi, this is a cold measure, hence when checking at a servo (tyres have warmed up) the pressure would be @39-40psi due to the pressure increase from driving.

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
The stated pressures on any tyre placard are for pumping the tyres up when they are cold.
If you pump them up when they are already warm or on a warm/hot day say to 34psi they will actually be around 36 psi.
You must compensate for the temp of the day.

-scyth-

Im alright its the others
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
Lovely mate. My tires say 50psi........ guess what buddy..... if someone dyno's your car they pump them to the recommended pressure "if they know what their doing" due to the high speed.

So yes BUD I run my tyres around 42psi which are set to run 50 psi recommended if ur racing or towing loads.

Got a problem with that?.....

PS. Your tires do crack btw if u run them under a decent pressure "Mr I think I'm so imporant". Go ask a tire place..... oh but hey u dont have to, you think your it = "Your a Tool"

lol! hey im not the one claiming my vz exec is pulling an estimated 241kw's without proof am i? nor am i stating the heat resistant paint is gaining me a few extra kw's as well! i just find them post & many other of your hilarious!

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
at engine twit......... so ur telling me fool that u cant push an alloytech to put out 240kw under any conditions at engine? ....... without supercharger or turbo just by pushing it! ........ cams, spark, fuel.......

........ pft. i'm glad i dont know u in real life bud.

the heat resistant paint........ pft. again i painted my intake manifold so it was black....... AND?......

------

I'll repeat: "Your a Tool"

-scyth-

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
at engine twit......... so ur telling me fool that u cant push an alloytech to put out 240kw under any conditions at engine? ....... without supercharger or turbo just by pushing it! ........ cams, spark, fuel.......

........ pft. i'm glad i dont know u in real life bud.

the heat resistant paint........ pft. again i painted my intake manifold so it was black....... AND?......

------

I'll repeat: "Your a Tool"

lol! you make me laugh! :D at least your entertaining :D

phillsau

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz sv6
i have 235/45/17s and find that if you run them 36 to 38 they wear out really fast but at 40 they last ages still get good grip and handling i think if you run at max 50 you a in for possible blowouts on a warm day or long drive i wouldn,t do it for sure

-scyth-

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
i have 235/45/17s and find that if you run them 36 to 38 they wear out really fast but at 40 they last ages still get good grip and handling i think if you run at max 50 you a in for possible blowouts on a warm day or long drive i wouldn,t do it for sure

Exactly i wouldn't do it. why risk the potential for a crappy ride & premature wearing of the tyre? :beer chug:

Last edited: