Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre rub on standard suspension

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Hi guys,

Ive got a VY SS with standard fe2 suspension, 18 inch 235/40 tyres, and new KYB struts in the front (i think the rims are 18x8.75). Theres plenty of guard clearance but Im noticing that if Im driving on the open at 100-110 km/h and go over a bump in the road there is tyre scrub on the passenger side front and back. Im not talking about hitting big dips and its not over every bump, just normal largish bumps in the road.

Is this normal? Any ideas why?

On a side note, the front passenger wheel sits out side the guard slightly and the others do not.

V8rDbqcl.jpg

(This is the only pic i have away from home)

Deltak

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Wheel offset

Hi guys,

On a side note, the front passenger wheel sits out side the guard slightly and the others do not.

V8rDbqcl.jpg

From the picture, the rims are aftermarket. Maybe the rim offset is different on the nearside wheels to the off side (i.e. the wheels were originally put on the back have been rotated on the car and so rub).

You need to take the wheels off the car and find the rim sizes and offset(s) to confirm.

Also, have a look underneath to see where it is rubbing.

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
I'll have a look tonight if i can and report back.