Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres-BlueStreak Worth Getting?

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Just wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences with Blue Streak tyres? Noise, Splitting, Wearing... I'm not sure if that is the main brand, I've got a feeling that Bridgestone may make them...or its a name on its own, not too sure. Got quoted $155 each. 235/45/R17
I normally get Maxxis which a not the best but deferentially not the worst I've had. Don't know if Blue Streak are better though.

Last edited:

Vs_Esteem

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Esteem Series 2 Auto
Blue streak is just a cheap brand for low profile wheels,i worked at as a tyre fitter and we didnt have any bad feed back on them

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
cheers mate what about Sava Intensa? Made in Australia...
I got them instead.

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
i got blue streaks on my celica only 185's tho pretty thin but seem ok...1 thing they squeal like a bitch when they spin :thumbsup:

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
Blue streak is just a cheap brand for low profile wheels,i worked at as a tyre fitter and we didnt have any bad feed back on them

hey i got some negative feedback for you...dont know if you have heard of 'kingstars' before?? anyways i used to call them deathstars because in the wet it was like driving on ice!! watch out for them! very dangerous! my favourite tyre so far is dunlops sp sport 300 e's even when they are practically bald and in the wet they still gripped like **** to a blanket.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
I sell Blue Streaks... go with the Maxxis if you can :)

kevvrcommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr executive manual
he blue streaks are made by good year but with out the gy logo savas also made by good yeah but from experences they have a really soft side wall easy to puncture i work at a good year store the bluestreaks are a decent tyre especially the 17"S good thread pattern and value for money

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
he blue streaks are made by good year but with out the gy logo savas also made by good yeah but from experences they have a really soft side wall easy to puncture i work at a good year store the bluestreaks are a decent tyre especially the 17"S good thread pattern and value for money

Yeah they are pretty soft which is a good thing but not for punchers your right. Savas made by Goodyear aswell hey? Yeah I got them around the price so thats not too bad hey? It was like $160 each. I actually prefer softer tyres I find Maxxis are too hard, but that's just me...

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
For The XR I got the new falken ones with the silca compound(dont know the model) for 140 each from tyre place near me...grip is fantastic, rubber is soft so they wear quicker and smoke up very nice and white, very impressed with the grip though especialy in the wet. Very quiet on road too. Best ones i had were the factory Dunlop SP3000E's, gripped really well and even when practically bald as said above still grip welll, i just could afford the 200 per tyre in 17's...Khumo Ecsta's are also good..very grippy.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
I found the maxxis were way to thin, wall split on small curb rubbing. POS tyre AFAIK.