Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uncomfortable Drivers Seat

PA38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon
Hi, Does anyone else find their VF11 drivers seat uncomfortable? specifically the seat base side bolsters. I find they annoy/irritate the crap out of the sides of my thighs. I'm not a big guy 178cm 82 kgs. Its the only thing I hate about this vehicle! do the seats get better with use? I have done 5000kms and the vehicle is a 5 month old SV6 Sportswagon

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I really like mine to be honest.
183cm and 90kgs with a big ass. A nice snug fit for me.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
The seats are a little too firm for my liking and tbh I find them to be like sitting on a park bench compared to my VE Calais.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
i think the seats generally suck.

The lumbar adjustment does virtually nothing and what it does adjust is too far down, i.e. nowhere near the lumbar of my spine.

The headrest adjustment is also useless for me. It can go forward plenty, but not back enough. It needs to go back just a smidge further.

They do look nice though.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
At least hard seat foam gets softer with age. Give it 5 years and it will start feeling good. It's better like that than sides of a the sears in a lot of Korean cars out there. After 5 years they are completely crushed and need replacing like those of a 15+ year old commodore.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
I find the seats extremely comfortable. I have been able to drive from Sydney to Melbourne with two short pitstops without any issues. Not sure if the Calais V seats are that much different to the SV6 seats apart from the seat covering.

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Must admit I preferred the seats in my VF1, but the VF2's are growing on me. Having said that I do more driving in Evokes for work, definitely prefer the seats in them to the Hybrid Camry's.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I think it depends on body size, positioning etc. I really like the high side bolsters and the lumbar support. I find them comfy and supportive. I'm 180cm and 88kg. My Son likes them too. But my Wife at about 160cm and 60kg reckons they're uncomfortable.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Everyone has different opinions! I still have my series 1 VF Calais and the seats in the series 2 are a lot more comfortable in the redline. The Calais seats are too hard. They must of changed the foam in the series 2. They are still not as comfortable as the VE Calais I had. GM changed the seat base in the VF. Totally different set up.

I have recently driven an SS which has the same seats as the sv6 and they don't feel as good as the redline. If you want to feel a hard uncomfortable seat, try the Trailblazer.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
My 9 year old Volvo has the best seats I've ever had including a few Recaros.