Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Undercar Neons

cybermatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
SII VT
Charg'd said:
they are passable if the are on switches
As far as I am aware, they are not legal at all if they are on while the car is in motion, switch or no switch.

:cops:

veeque92

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman SeriesII 5.7
Have been told by people that to be legal they need to be hooked into the handbrake do they cant turn on unless the handbrake is up. I know this is the case for an in cor T.V. so it kinda makes sence for neons

Sebastian

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS Commodore
i was just on the WA dpi website and their legislation states that they are completly illegal as long as you can not see the tubes directly (only glow) so whoohoo for me although im not sure for other states.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Sebatian said:
i was just on the WA dpi website and their legislation states that they are completly illegal as long as you can not see the tubes directly (only glow) so whoohoo for me although im not sure for other states.

I think you ment to say "completly LEGAL" there buddy :p

N yeah, same deal in VIC here...
The thing is some cops seem to know n some don't know.....while others r pricks n choose to ignore it.

But yeah, as long as the source is not visible (the tube), and also as long as they have a constant glow....then their technically legal.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i have a friend that put RED undercar neons, went over the pits after he did them and paid $100 for a permit saying they are installed correctly by some law and are fine.
everytime he gets pulled over he pulls out the permit from his glovebox and hands it over for the cop to read.

should see the face on the cop when he thinks he has nailed another young driver. priceless.

clinster73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
There is no such permit issued from Transport Sa that allows under car neons.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
DeanoVT said:
i have a friend that put RED undercar neons, went over the pits after he did them and paid $100 for a permit saying they are installed correctly by some law and are fine.
everytime he gets pulled over he pulls out the permit from his glovebox and hands it over for the cop to read.

should see the face on the cop when he thinks he has nailed another young driver. priceless.

Under ADR compliances if these can be seen fron the front within40 degrees they are in fact illegal, no car in australia is allowed to use red blue and some other color as its reserved for emergency vehicles. No piece of paper can override this

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
minux said:
Under ADR compliances if these can be seen fron the front within40 degrees they are in fact illegal, no car in australia is allowed to use red blue and some other color as its reserved for emergency vehicles. No piece of paper can override this

i dont know the law exactly and never read or will coz neons dont really interest me too much.
all i know is that it was put through the pits and a permit was written up at the time which i can say that i have seen and it states that everything is ok. maybe wa is different i dont know.

i have seen them on at night and they are red like the car and run all the way around. front, sides and rear.

i dont know more than that really and i am not claiming that they are perfectly legal coz i havent read the laws regarding this.