Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Undercover VR Maloo un-optioned

Mr-pickles86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT senator Wagon
That body side moulding delete could possibly be the s pack red moulding half way down the body
Hard to tell from your photo whether this is moulding there or not.
It will be really nice all cleaned up. Hopefully save seats and not get recovered.

yeah ok that could be write about the body side molding mine is removed. Do you have the build spec for yours? does yours have the molding removed?

H

harrop.senator

Soft tonneau , the sailplanes right. Wheels are right but they've been repainted. They only ran them in a couple colours I've never seen colour matched though. Grills wrong , our vr Maloo had cloth seats can't tell you if that's the leather option but they almost look statesman. Door trims are wrong.

Does it have the hsv Momo steering wheel and cluster? Wheel looks standard non air bag. I can see display windows but no emblem on badge.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah no moulding. I've never seen a photo of or a Maloo with the moulding.
I have not had my carpet up , so have not seen the build sheet.
The carpets and seats look like they've always had floor mats and seat covers on but been removed to clean.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/DBUufj4.jpg[/img]']

Those 4 little marks on drivers seat ( about where seat belt passes ) are it.
Some plastic trims are marked a bit now and a couple are cracked now = dam plastics.
Mines got electric mirrors , electric aerial and I think upgraded stereo , electric windows are after market.
Second owner also got a HSV tub liner fitted when they became available with the VSiii Maloo.
I'm the 3rd owner , 2nd owner had from 1997 to 2012.

Mr-pickles86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT senator Wagon
Soft tonneau , the sailplanes right. Wheels are right but they've been repainted. They only ran them in a couple colours I've never seen colour matched though. Grills wrong , our vr Maloo had cloth seats can't tell you if that's the leather option but they almost look statesman. Door trims are wrong.

Does it have the hsv Momo steering wheel and cluster? Wheel looks standard non air bag. I can see display windows but no emblem on badge.

It has No Momo steering wheel.
the door cards are not the original ones they were on it when I got the car
the door cards match the clean VS interior the previous owner has fitted. the seats it came with seem to be the right style AQ9 luxury bucket that HSV would of retrimmed into the maloo trimming.
the dash cluster does not have HSV on it either.

here is a pic of the new interior the previous owner has fitted to clean the car up. He gave me all the original
Maloo new interior.PNG
stuff in the first pic with the AQ9 seats

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I owned 2 HSV's and 3 HSV Enhanced cars around the time period of your Ute and the features of your Ute doesn't resemble any of them.

The engine bay is definitely wrong for a genuine Maloo or even an enhanced vehicle.

Have a look under the front bar and see if HSV is stamped on it, though I have seen over the years some front bumper copies with HSV markings.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Looking at those pics very little there to resemble it being maloo...one thing for sure it's been heavily messed with.

Engine bay alone no tags...missing 185i covers,hsv air box,knock sensor & harness?

If it were maloo nobody would toss those parts for stock items...telltale parts like those you keep on car 'cos cool to look at.

Same for interior no seats or leather wheel & nobody takes off dash plaque even for hsv enhanced.

3 theories.

Weirdly optioned car.

Stolen/recovered missing all good bits but hsv would be able to verify if it were maloo & still have dash replacement plaque plus info on order & build number etc.

Last option most likely is previuos owners have swapped parts over as lots of parts have been messed with & looks like it's lived a life.

Guessing from pics looks like it was a s pack..there are vl walkinshaw out there sold without bodykits & other weird things yet still have hsv tags & records to prove history.

H

harrop.senator

images.jpeg

This is the same as what old boys vr Maloo had that my old housemate bought. The leather ones look like the old S2 statesman ones I had in my vs.

images (2).jpeg

This is the statesman type.

But yeah dash is wrong , seats are wrong , trims are wrong , wheels have been played with , wheels wrong , front grille is wrong, air box is wrong , injector covers are wrong.

Does it have stainless shorty headers and two knock sensors?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
One knock sensor & wire kit in protective sheathing that normally melts then sets fault code off...used to be able to buy 185i memcal/sensor & wire kit straight from holden spare parts

Headers were steel I thought...horrid design & build quality. Casties means 165i stocker although expect to see aftermarket extractors on most nowadays.

H

harrop.senator

One knock sensor & wire kit in protective sheathing that normally melts then sets fault code off...used to be able to buy 185i memcal/sensor & wire kit straight from holden spare parts

Headers were steel I thought...horrid design & build quality. Casties means 165i stocker although expect to see aftermarket extractors on most nowadays.

Stainless by h+m headers were the originals. Never had an issue with mine melting haha or cracking any of the stainless headers even with the passengers wrapped cause I kept cooking starter solenoids.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I'm sure if think so the headers are steel ,cat back is definitely staino. I'll look tomorrow.
I googled and the selling dealer he states is still in business including being a GM SV dealer = could try quizzing them = long shot.
You would think even if dealer talked HSV into supply or fit only bumper and sail plane would still want HSV Enhanced tag attached