Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uniacidz Ride VX SS Monaro Themed

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If it was me I would just change them both over than having two different coloured/toned/brightness headlamps :) Yeah one phillips head still works but what's the point in waiting until it dies? I'd keep the remaining one somewhere in case one of the two new ones blow. But putting both new ones in at the same time feels good to me

yeh i know i know.

I prob will change it over in the coming days knowing me and do exactly as you mentioned.
Its just a CBF right now as still sore from doing the radiator (im precious) and so will prob do in a couple days.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sing me Soft Kitty djdomohudson

Last edited by a moderator:

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Radiator install Follow Up
Discovered a small seeping leak from the thermostat to bottom radiator hose at the thermostat side.
Only has a spring clip, so was freaking out about hose replacements etc then remembered that the thermostat has a long connection.

Found a used hose clamp, unscrewed it and wrapped it round the hose and tightened and stopped the leak.
Easy

Car Wash & Polish
Contrary to what people may think, I dont wash it too much. Maybe once every 3 weeks and thats because i park in a dirty carpark at work and everyones cars gets covered in dust. Usually rinse it once a week.
This morning 3am, Wash N Wax, Shammy, Polish and Buff.

Time breakdown for MattaY[s2] :p
Two Bucket Wash - 7mins
Shammy - 13mins
Polish Application - 10mins
Buffing - 13mins
Running around - 5mins
Total - 48mins

Whilst polish is drying to a haze, tyre shine the wheels and clean up and or do odds and ends.
Pics taken at 630am with a camera phone in poor light. Inside after wash and outside pics were taken at Post Office

Headlights
Phillips xtreme Vision +100 turned up from the UK, $33 including the postage, not bad at all.
H4 Globes for the driving lights
Few weeks back, right Phillips Xtreme bulb blew so replaced with a spare globe
Left bulb is a Phillips still.

Gonna leave it how it is for now and the new Phillips will be used if and when the current left globe dies.

Power Steering Rack + Tablesppon Brake fluid into Power Steering Reservoir trick
Mentioned once before the power steering rack leaking.
Lucas Power Steering treatment worked 80% better

So read up, a trick to use is a tablespoon of brake fluid into the power steering reservoir, drive it a bit to circulate and then leave it overnight
Brake fluid contains additives to expand seals and its in a concentrated form.
Its also a hydralic fluid like power steering fluid.

Gotta say, been about 5 days now, and its worked. Not one drop of power steering fluid.
Its a fresh genuine pump installed a year ago with new hoses so yeh. Working to a treat.

BTW, also read up on its a trick used by mechanics to stop leaks and charge people a small fortune.

Anyway, pics
bulbs.jpg

leak.jpg

post11.jpg

post1.jpg

post2.jpg

So shiny M8. Good job with the waxing. You must be keen doing it at 3am (do you work shifts?). Im going to try this sealer on my two other cars that are always
dusty as they are parked outside. Hopefully it will work as per the reviews i have read so the cars will only need a wash with the pressure cleaner.
CAR Polish Ptfe Paint Sealant CAR Cleaning Microfibre KIT CAR WAX Shop 500ml | eBay
Cheers
PS: What type of spoiler is that you have? Like it better than my whale tail. Wonder if the holes would line up in the boot if I changed it? Doesnt have a third brake light in it though does it, cos i remember
you said you put one in your rear window.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So shiny M8. Good job with the waxing. You must be keen doing it at 3am (do you work shifts?). Im going to try this sealer on my two other cars that are always
dusty as they are parked outside. Hopefully it will work as per the reviews i have read so the cars will only need a wash with the pressure cleaner.
CAR Polish Ptfe Paint Sealant CAR Cleaning Microfibre KIT CAR WAX Shop 500ml | eBay
Cheers
PS: What type of spoiler is that you have? Like it better than my whale tail. Wonder if the holes would line up in the boot if I changed it? Doesnt have a third brake light in it though does it, cos i remember
you said you put one in your rear window.

Yeh shift work but currently on annual leave til 1st week of June, so getting stuff done and sorted.
Got my Radius Rod bushes to go, but seeing as i dont have a torque wrench, might go to a shop to get it done.

Mine doesnt have any current wax, just polish atmo. Wax was done however a few months back.
That combo you posted up there looks interesting. Might look into it more.

As for the spoiler, had a holden mechanic unable to identify it. Thinks could be HBD
But i reckon its close to a WH Statesman Spoiler Bobtail spoiler.
Holden WH Statesman Rear Bobtail Boot Spoiler 99 04 Unpainted | eBay

Or

Caprice Statesman WH Rear Boot Spoiler Lip Genuine Holden Grange

Yet still havent found anythign with a complete definitive match however its very very very close to the Caprice above but both dont look as rounded on the WH Statesman which has a flat ass as my ass is more rounded lol as the spoiler looks more rounded to the curves of the rear of the boot.

Yep no third brake light on the spoiler. LED aftermarket had to be rigged up until i got the rear glass replaced with a Executive model rear glass, as the S and SS have the rear glass brake light section blacked out.

Last edited:

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
Spoiler looks to me like the VT HBD item..

Also the labour you pay on getting those castor rods bushes done would be the same as a torque wrench

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
Are they just held by 3M?

Im not usually a rear spoiler type of guy but that doesnt look half bad....i was contemplating senator rear spoiler too

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If it was me I would just change them both over than having two different coloured/toned/brightness headlamps :) Yeah one phillips head still works but what's the point in waiting until it dies? I'd keep the remaining one somewhere in case one of the two new ones blow. But putting both new ones in at the same time feels good to me

Done :p
Moved battery, removed CAI and tubes to airbox but done.
Found a plastic glove yest, so used that to install the globes and of course wiped down the globe with some paper towel.

Located a top idler pulley squeak. Tried WD40 but still present.
I know alot of water and a bit of coolant got onto it and mustve fouled it.

However that means was on its last legs anyway if a bit of water fouled it.

Looks easy enough to remove. 15mm socket and remove

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Are they just held by 3M?

Im not usually a rear spoiler type of guy but that doesnt look half bad....i was contemplating senator rear spoiler too

Mine definately screwed down.
Two bolts for each side.