Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unique VS SII Exec

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Column shift, niiiiice.

Very jelous.

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
Thanks Someguy360 :) I'm quite happy about it being column shift also! It's a refreshing change to that of a T-Bar setup, and although I do enjoy that myself, I like that this car of mine feels "Old School" like, low rider?, or cheech and chong?.. Not that I care for that, but that's kinda how I consider it... I'm not sure what it's like for others? Like riding in a Taxi? or that there's not nearly enough hardened "things" between the passenger and I, and I feel that there inching closer for some reason? Ooooor, And need I state the obvious??? But "BJ" access is soooo much easier for the missus now!!! no hesitation at all :p
Sorry low brow... but it's in all honesty!!!
Anyways on to a serious matter we all need to consider before summer kick in hard!!!

And I do need to really emphasize the need for everyone to check "THIS"---> Alternator voltage leads!!! (The big thick one coming from rear of Alternator) I checked mine for the first time, and being a recently acquired car I need to make sure of everything... I checked this lead and it's burnt back a couple of cm's. This is not good and I will reference this following forum post; https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vs-v6-owners-check-out.5910 Although I'd be thread digging by pointing people there etc, I'm sure to be directing everyone whom reads this to follow the directions people have suggested when it comes to there Alternator cable, and there car not burning to the ground in a mega heap by clicking the forum link. This may actually save Yours and others lives and or including your car!!!!!!..
This issue for me, I will resolve with some replacement low impedance, 4 gauge copper/nickle wire. Not Super Cheap **** or anything like that, and Not pure copper as pure copper as we understand it to be, degrades over time with extreme heat! The copper Alloy I choose to use is basically bronze, Has a higher heat tolerance, slightly lower electrical conductivity rating (Not an issue anyways) And being a metal alloy will not be subject to the same timeline in degradation with the heat issue that current pure copper wire current commodore's have..... I cannot obviously suggest anything other than be careful when dealing with high voltages! Please!
Reason I'm mentioning this is? There's a sticky in the VR/VS thread that touches on this very subject and it's relevant now as it was when that forum post was first written up. Please read: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vs-v6-owners-check-out.5910

It's common sense with summer coming :)

I hope to do a write up of what is exactly involved when applying this fix and making long lasting, permanent, cost affective, and most importantly "Reliable" fixtures for this known issue. I hope also that my back ground and skills and electronic engineering etc may shed more light on the specifics with why it is doing this? After extended periods of time will this occur. This issue seemly occurs, although is not restricted to a specific Km traveled, Heat is the common factor here and all engines operate at high temps... The sooner you check this, The sooner your piece of mind will be resolved!.
Anyway enough of this public service announcement **** :p

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Agree, nice pickup

Interior looks great.

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
Nah this was never a taxi, I have complete service history and it only has 242,xxx on the clock.
Taxi's most certainly had these kinds of setups however. With the crappy brown looking vinyl bench seats and brown dash board etc...

Thanks also uniacidz, the interior wasn't ever planned, but since adding bits here and there I kinda kept it going with a theme. I hope to have a few more things done to it visually soon enough :) I also really like your idea with that red vinyl wrap in your car mate, I never thought once to do the same. But the vinyl dye spray pack I used actually leaves quite a good final effect and seems tough enough also!

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
Well end of an era...
Some stupid old mole decided that the laws that govern her continued use and allowance to travel the road now no longer be applied to her and she simply continued to drive through a round about which I was in the middle of. As you can see, got t-boned good and proper...
So that's it for this car. which sucks, It would have been nice to keep a rare car a little more than less than a year...
Heres some pics..
Your probably wondering it doesn't look that bad, mostly panel damage, quite superficial etc.
Well The A pillar got hammered and a quote and getting it and the front panel fixed with out paint was $4200 on average, this also included getting the steering sorted as it got knocked about too... Guess thats what ya get for living in a rural area...
However all is not lost, I have myself another VS which I plan to do a build log for soon :)

Attachments

• 10290622_1655229511376393_2104445962193288864_n.jpg
    10290622_1655229511376393_2104445962193288864_n.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 11430090_1655229431376401_3832492983309280855_n.jpg
    11430090_1655229431376401_3832492983309280855_n.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 242

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON