Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

University Assignment: Create a Paint Brush Cleaning Device.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
whats unit is it for? some sort of engineering im guessing?

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I reckon you should make this a World Conservation Paint Brush Cleaning Project aswell to benefit the environment for future generations...

Australia has a feral Animal problem... I propose you design a machine that captures feral animals and inserts a stick where the sun dont shine so that painters can use them to paint with. There'd be nothing more patriotic than using a Feral Bunny Brush to paint the Sydney harbour with !... the propossed machine would have to be more cost effective than building a Great Wall of Australia like Nazi Goring did in China !...after the painting is done the Feral animal cleans itself with it's tongue and karks it...therefore solving 2 problems at the same time....:thumbsup:

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Hahahaha, Funny fella that Sixshooter is.

Semi, this is for the subject 'Introduction to Engineering Design' from a Bachelor in Civil Engineering.

Julie, I would say oil based paints, but I sose there could be a water connection to spray water in the mechanism to clean water based and to rinse the paint thinners from the brushes.

Thank you for the replys, all are helping!

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
how about instead of using somethign to spray you use like, a spindle to turn the brush inside a container with a ridged floor (to aggrevate the bristles)
One done you drain terps, fill with water and you then remove the brush from the spinning device?
Use magnets and turn it into a generator where the magnets (attatched to the brush) spin around real fast in a chamber with the cleaning solution in it)

Im guessing you dont actually have to make this, so go nuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
I reckon you should make this a World Conservation Paint Brush Cleaning Project aswell to benefit the environment for future generations...

Australia has a feral Animal problem... I propose you design a machine that captures feral animals and inserts a stick where the sun dont shine so that painters can use them to paint with. There'd be nothing more patriotic than using a Feral Bunny Brush to paint the Sydney harbour with !... the propossed machine would have to be more cost effective than building a Great Wall of Australia like Nazi Goring did in China !...after the painting is done the Feral animal cleans itself with it's tongue and karks it...therefore solving 2 problems at the same time....:thumbsup:

:rofl: :clapping: :rofl: :clapping: :rofl: :clapping: :rofl:

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
totally off topic dude...but i remember reading in another thread that you said you live around the wide bay area...you don't happen to go to the wide bay USQ campus in hervey bay do you?

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
use something similar to A golf ball cleaner...just use terps insted of h20.