Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unregistered Vehicle Penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardstylin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Yep, we know what you were asking - you are deciding if the monetary value of breaking the law is worth it. People gamble all the time so don't feel bad for wondering - but also be prepared to take on sensible suggestions and comments. If you think about driving without rego then no, IMO you shouldn't be driving. Take the bus or cab and save everyone the effort.

Your opinion is more than welcome, although saying I shouldn't be driving because I considered driving a car without registration is a bit over the top. If you don't want to take the effort to post then don't, you went a bit off-topic with your answer.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Your opinion is more than welcome, although saying I shouldn't be driving because I considered driving a car without registration is a bit over the top. If you don't want to take the effort to post then don't, you went a bit off-topic with your answer.

I think he meant you shouldn't be driving the unregistered car, not that you can't drive.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie

Errr vlv8vic just said you shouldn't be driving the car. Not that you shouldn't be driving period. And its smart advice, take the train or bus until you have the cash.

Hardstylin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Errr vlv8vic just said you shouldn't be driving the car. Not that you shouldn't be driving period. And its smart advice, take the train or bus until you have the cash.

Eh, it came off as "you shouldn't be driving" (as they are the exact words).

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Far out! Thats pretty harsh, but a VERY good deterant.

ACT police now have cameras that read rego plates and can pick up unregistered or stolen cars in an instant.
Yeah those plate readers were trialled here a few years back. I havn't seen or heard of them being used regularly tho. Not that i have the problem, i don't drive unregisterred or unlicensed.

I wouldn't say they are do-gooders. they would be the majority of people with the sense and decency to try and remain within the law because that's what they are there for.
You must have mistaken my post for saying its a good idea to drive unregisterred. Going by the posts, the OP has made up his mind, and was just wondering how much its going to cost WHEN he gets pulled over ;)
I thought about giving the whole spill when i first replied, but figured if he's asking about driving unrego'd, he wont give a **** anyway

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
Eh, it came off as "you shouldn't be driving" (as they are the exact words).

"If you think about driving without rego then no, IMO you shouldn't be driving. Take the bus or cab and save everyone the effort."

Read the sentence as a whole, it usually helps. To summarise, if you are thinking about driving an unregistered vehicle, then his advice, is no you shouldn't be driving it.

Hardstylin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
"If you think about driving without rego then no, IMO you shouldn't be driving. Take the bus or cab and save everyone the effort."

Read the sentence as a whole, it usually helps. To summarise, if you are thinking about driving an unregistered vehicle, then his advice, is no you shouldn't be driving it.

I did read the sentence as a whole. I know what it means, he worded it wrong.

I didn't ask for anyone's opinion on if they think I should drive it or not, I asked for the penalties involved, maybe you should try reading the whole post before replying.

Thanks

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
I didn't ask for anyone's opinion on if they think I should drive it or not, I asked for the penalties involved,

You are not just gambling/risking your own money, you are putting others at risk with your idiocy. When you do that , then you are going to get those opinions whether you asked for them or not.

to me its just as offensive as saying, "what are the penalties for going shooting up a classroom of kids"

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
You are not just gambling/risking your own money, you are putting others at risk with your idiocy. When you do that , then you are going to get those opinions whether you asked for them or not.

to me its just as offensive as saying, "what are the penalties for going shooting up a classroom of kids"

The intention of murdering lots of kids is a little bit different to driving a few k's without rego mate. Unless he drives that car onto a school playground deliberatly.....is that your intentions hardstylin?

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
The intention of murdering lots of kids is a little bit different to driving a few k's without rego mate.

Conveniently, or absent mindedly your forgot to mention that the there are a number of "minor" rwc faults that have been declared with this vehicle and he intends to drive the vehicle deliberately on a public road. The consequences of which could be the vehicle leaving the road and ploughing into a group of school kids.....same outcome.......I dont really care what the intentions were!#@#

Perhaps think of it as playing russian roulette with the public.....but sincerely at this point in time, if you are still persuing this line of thought after the many good posts made by others in this thread, any efforts to make you think responsibly are futile.

Status
Not open for further replies.