Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unwanted plumbing

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Cut the pipe. Wedge a bottle cork in there and wrap it up with electrical tape. You only have to hide it for 7 years then no one cares anyway.

Seriously though, simple job, no way I'd pay someone to do it. As far as I was aware tap washers came into the same 'legal' dilemma. Not supposed to do them but I don't know anyone who has called a plumber to do a tap washer.

ispeed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV Senator Signature
As a plumber of 20+ years - I can see no problem with brazing the pipes off with silfos or whatever you guys use over there. The biggest concern with plumbing is keeping the potable water supply clean - i.e. not allowing cross contamination into the public drinking supply.
What you want to do is very low risk in regard to that.
There are still some tricks to look out for though. If there is any water at all dripping from the those pipes when you are trying to weld em up, you won't be able to - nigh on impossible - although it can be done with a cutting head on the torch
keep a extinguisher close by too.
Personally - Pay a pro if you're not sure.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Upon first sighting I thought this thread had something to do with a sex change.

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
Go to your nearest plumbing supplies joint and but your self a nipple, kinco and olive and plug in what ever size your copper pipe is. Alternatively you can always solder it up, you will need mapp gas, solder coil, solder flux and a cap. Wouldnt reccomend second one if you have no idea what im talking about lol.

DVOLVO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS UTE / 5 Litre Volvo /Trusty Swift
Jump in your commodore, drive down to Bunnings, Go into the Plumbing section with the fittings and there you will see some brass screw on connections. You should see some there for blocking off pipes, Grab 2 go home cut off the pipes, Slid the Nut over the pipe then the olive and end piece, Get 2 shifters tighten them up no problem all fixed..
There are all types..I used one of these as a joiners as a temporary fix after my kids snapped off the tap at ground level and its still there 8 years later..

Last edited:

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626

ausrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
I would and have in the past done my own plumbing repairs ,that one is reasonably simple !

In all honesty it is rather weird that plumbing and electrical are both illegal to do by the home handiman yet Woolies sell power points and Bunnings has a plumbing and electrical dept that has an expert to advise the home handyman how to do simple jobs !

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
Good luck trying to get insurance, If you have done some of your own wiring or repairs if your house burns down.

There is no way quality electricians, sign of on customers home work. We have had builders try to get us to sign them off, They are shortly answered with a “Get ..... (You fill in the blank)

I don’t advise anyone to do there own electrical work, Just because Woolworths and Bunning’s (HPM and other generic brands they sell are crap anyway and should not meet Australian standards) sell electrical gear doesn’t mean you should do it yourself... Besides, The electrical safety connect here in QLD are really clamping down, Regulations and rules for us are becoming tighter then a nun’s nasty!

Anyway, Enough on electrical. Back to the plumbing job,

Sometimes in life we let things get a little to complex, We really only need 2 things. If you have something that doesn’t move and it should, Use WD-40. If it moves and it shouldn’t, Use duct tape...

In other words, Use a bit of duct tape to patch it up ;)

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
If you do your own electrical, stick with Clipsal components. But if you have no clue get someone that does to do the job.