Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrade Ideas

vxcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Hi all,
I am looking for ideas on upgrading the sound in my VX Calais but I would like to utillise the factory cutouts as I'm not to fond of cutting holes in my baby. I'm sure some of you must have done it by now. I still have some equipment from previous cars like JBL GTO series 6x9's and 6 1/2" splits and also have a Weconic VX-4270 4 channel amp ( still trying to get some info on this amp, plenty of info in german but not much in english).
Upgrades will be done slowly and stealthily ( what SWMBO can't see can't hurt me :bop: )
I don't mind the stock HU ( Eurovox Maestro series ) but don't know how far it can be pushed. Don't need an ear bleeding system but more bottom end is definitely needed.

gibbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Hilux 3.8l vs v6 & 4L60E
We have done a few vx "upgrades", you can keep the maestro and run into an amp with high level inputs, then fit the JBL's, I would **** tin the weconic though, a JBL amp or other quality amp would be be far better!

vxcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Thanks for the replies guys, As i said I am looking for ideas and am currently thinking of possibly some fusion speakers,(good reputation and not badly priced.)
Thinking maybe 6.5" splits in front doors/dash, 6.5" coaxials in rear doors and replacing the rear parcel shelf subs with 8" or 10" subs (is it worth it??)
I have read that by using 6x9's they have a tendancy to pull the soundstage to the rear
Don't mind trimming a bit of metal but prefer to leave all trim intact for stealth installation. Amp/s still undecided yet.
Opinions/advice anyone ???
Dale