Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrade to Turbo. Im pumped for it

Dose Pipe

Reaction score
At the time of this post, under your mothers bed w
Members Ride
It's quicker then your mothers VN
I have heard of ppl puttin RB25DET top ends on N/A RB30E blocks and making good power & reliability....

Apparently it is a popular RB25/30DET conversion 4 the price

yes it is a good combo but for the price i dont see it being worth while come on single cams can do 8 seconds so why do ya need 2 of them...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
yes it is a good combo but for the price i dont see it being worth while come on single cams can do 8 seconds so why do ya need 2 of them...

Just because a modification doesn't increase HP doesn't mean it isn't worthwhile. When switching the heads over on my WRX to DOHC I didn't really gain any HP to my knowledge, what I did get was a much more respsonsive engine. Now I don't know what blower your running but with the size of my turbo, anything to get that motor turning faster to spin my blades faster I'm all in for.

warney

did you say bukakki party
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL skid car what else are they built to do
Garrett for starters.

HKS

i dont think he asked for an ass raping , its a name ya paying for ....dont you worry.....but they are pretty good ,just over priced

warney

Reaction score
Members Ride
which KKR turbo would be reckomended?
KKR480 or KKR430 ?????

they seem to be a resenable price to me.
both are t3 flanged but the KKR430 is advertised as a 'Responsive turbo upgrade for RB20 and RB25' and in it says 'Suitable for single-turbo applications on 2.0-3.0 litre engines'
where the KKR480 says 'Suitable for single-turbo applications on 2.5-4.0 litre engines'
so which one would be recomended?
also only looking at running low boost, 7-8psi

ok , i finally got my KKR , dunno where my post went but not to worry....

got a kkr 430 (but ordered a 480)(also dont think a 480 will fit onto a vl with out a mods to the chassis rail or could go a high mount set up) you have to modify the oil return (to the sump) build a dump pipe ,cut the actuator to fit against the chassis rail , bend the chassis rail ,modify the cross over pipe(if ya not doing the intercooler at the same time like me) need silicon bends gaskets and alike ..... but yes they do bolt on to the manifold :) .The dissapointment was the other standard turbo ran a 15.5 and this one ran a 15.2 but the TT (track temp)was 38 degrese, but have been told this turbo is good for a high 13 sec and once the cooler is on good for a low 13 sec .Also is running at 12 psi off the actuator once cooler is on and 16psi , hoping for a mid 13 sec car !!!!!

warney

Reaction score
Members Ride
you should be able to get high 12's with a 430

it is also an auto......****ty 60ft's are still only 2.4 my mate had one in a rb20 and was doing high 12's so i cant see why i really cant but he was running 20psi.....

jonno_12

jonno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo manual :)
auto's are quicker, manuals are more fun :D

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
how in the hell do you figure that autos are quicker? I'm interested to hear this one.