Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrade VN Dash Pad to VR or VS Dash

91vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Vr Wagon
hi there i know this is an old post but i was wondering if anyone could give me instructions on how to remove the dash and heater box out of a vn. i have smashed mine and need to replace the whole thing. any help is much appreciated. thanks

rompn8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Wagon
Old thread digging back up

Hey Guys ... old thread dug up now ... sorry

Ive just done this conversion on my 1997 VS s2 Exec Wagon and everything works fine like it should ...
BUT ... i have the handbrake warning chime constantly going off every minute or two ... how do i stop this, can i bridge a wire out and not use or, or any one know how to wire it up, or anything ....
Thanks in advance guys

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Hey Guys ... old thread dug up now ... sorry

Ive just done this conversion on my 1997 VS s2 Exec Wagon and everything works fine like it should ...
BUT ... i have the handbrake warning chime constantly going off every minute or two ... how do i stop this, can i bridge a wire out and not use or, or any one know how to wire it up, or anything ....
Thanks in advance guys

Dash pad conversion or level 3 Calais cluster convesion?

If it's the handbrake warning chime on a level 3 conversion - it's still an unsolved problem. Let me know what cluster you have in the car (number on the top of the lens) and see if it matches the car. The last car this happend to me on was a VS ute. every time he drove off it chimed away.

Only way to stop it for now is to remove the chime from the cluster.

rompn8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Wagon
Dash pad conversion or level 3 Calais cluster convesion?

If it's the handbrake warning chime on a level 3 conversion - it's still an unsolved problem. Let me know what cluster you have in the car (number on the top of the lens) and see if it matches the car. The last car this happend to me on was a VS ute. every time he drove off it chimed away.

Only way to stop it for now is to remove the chime from the cluster.

Ive done both dash pad and VS V6 Level 3 cluster conversion ... all using my stand Level 1 harness and patched it ... cluster part number is 92053363

Where is the chime ???

I would rather leave it if possible ... as i have a statesman aswell and the chime is used for multiple functions ... high temp, handbrake, ect

david dubbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx gen111 wagon
the chime is in the cluster just take off the front clear cover and rip it out (just a little round aliminium can with 2 pins as connectors ) all the warning lights still work

Jake.VScommo

Yeaa... About that... Umm
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 toyota 4runner
My mate tried it, massive fail and was funny as **** watchin him do it chucking spasms and tantrums lol