Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

upgraded injectors

98NVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L VS Commodore/Raptor supercharger
Can you get upgraded injectors for a ecotec v6 3.8L? If so what is involve?

M1NTVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore 3.8L
i think you can, its just a matter of what you want to pay :) im also intrested in doing my injectors

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Can you get upgraded injectors for a ecotec v6 3.8L? If so what is involve?

What are you trying to achieve? Smoother running, more power, better fuel consumption, etc.

If you are after more power and your engine is stock, then bigger injectors will achieve nothing as the O2 sensor will signal the PCM to reduce the injector pulsewidth ('on' time) to maintain the correct air/fuel ratio.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
as above it's a waste of time, it's not like the old days where you run a drill bit through the main jet....... the ecu will either correct it, not be able to correct it and run rich (fowling plugs, o2 sensors, cat and lack power) or worse case you put the wrong load on the ecu/pcm and fry the injector drivers.....

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
It's sad to see there's no real developments for injectors on holdens.
When i was playing with the dark side on a lil project, i learn't on eb falcons, you could use AU injectors which result in better ecomomy and a bit better power due to a more efficient spray pattern on the AU injectors.
Surely there's got to be a better injector available for holden engines, if not for more flow etc, but for more efficient spray patterns etc to result in improved fuel consumption and minor power increases.

Or are we too deep in our comfort zones to try different things? Unlike the FOAD camp.

Flame suit on and ready, I'll supply the match, you bring the fuel!

RX25SE

Reaction score
Members Ride
I believe that VT injectors are used often and offer a slight improvement in driveability.

I guess the only way to know would be to compare patterns in the injector machine and then do some dyno runs and montitor exhaust gases.

MMMmmmmmm............

RX25SE

Reaction score
Members Ride

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
The Vt injectors run at a higher pressure too. VS is 3bar and Vt is 3.5bar if memory serve me right, Its because the VT injectors flow a bit less a think but they spray a finer mist than the VS ones. Vs has two nozzles/holes on the tip and Vt has three.