Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrades for VE SV6

Jbrunsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Manual VE SV6
Hey guys, I know there is probably a thousand of these threads already but I'm new to forums and are unable to find such threads to read.
I just wanted to ask you guys what modifications to a 2010 Manual VE SV6 you would suggest for more power, apart from the obvious exhaust and intake.

Cheers :)

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Actually the obvious is buy a V8 :p

Here we go...

and shes a moderator!

Hey guys, I know there is probably a thousand of these threads already but I'm new to forums and are unable to find such threads to read.
I just wanted to ask you guys what modifications to a 2010 Manual VE SV6 you would suggest for more power, apart from the obvious exhaust and intake.

Cheers :)

leave it stock mate, if you want power its like this; CAI, rear SS mufflers and then forced induction. nothing else will make a difference so either go all out and don't bother. The SV6 sounds nice with the SS mufflers and still looks mean but if you want power it'll cost you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
You can also add the MACE spacers too, and a catch can for reliability (it might also add a tiny bit of performance since you'll make sure you inject pure air in your intake, and not air + oil vapors, which decreases the octane level and builds-up carbon, especially on SIDI engines).

Jbrunsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Manual VE SV6
You can also add the MACE spacers too, and a catch can for reliability (it might also add a tiny bit of performance since you'll make sure you inject pure air in your intake, and not air + oil vapors, which decreases the octane level and builds-up carbon, especially on SIDI engines).

Ah, cheers for the information man, I will take this into account.
Appreciated

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
You might also consider a tune (there's a thread about very good results with the OZTrack one), but in the meantime, only use high quality fuel (I think the VEs like BP Ultimate a lot, that's what I use, and a lot of others do) and go for a drive in the hills from time to time, there's nothing better to cleanse the engine than some good revs :)

If you go down the CAI route, you can also relocate your Intake Air Temp sensor as the MAF enclosure (which has the temp sensor in it) gets heat-soaked, and the V6 pulls a lot of timing when getting hotter air (or thinking it gets hotter air). There's a ton of threads on the subject, just Google "IAT relocation", that's a cheap mod than can bring a lot.

MACE sells cams for the V6 but that's not cheap and I'm not sure how much more power you'd get out of them.

I would also highly recommend a set of Pacemaker headers for some more mid range torque, but again, that's not cheap (around 400 if you get them on sale + labor, which would be at least 250).

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Doesn't it cost money wether you want power from any car...? Cam, cpr6 under drive and tune and your around 200rwkw, and intake and exhaust and you'll get another 5-20 with the other mods. If it's hard to believe ask Steve from MACE engineering, he'll show you the day I sheets. And if your smart it can all happen for under 4 grand.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
I would also highly recommend a set of Pacemaker headers for some more mid range torque, but again, that's not cheap (around 400 if you get them on sale + labor, which would be at least 250).

Can you put headers on a SIDI, I thought there was some reason that this couldn't be done with SIDI engine?