Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

upgrading bushs with nolathane ve ssv ute

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Neo works for me also. I know it as both.

cor3yz

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Wagon Exec / VK 202 EFI
The control arm bushes should be fine in polyeurathane, but as above mostly depends on driver preference.
Eg in our hq racecar we only use rubber as its much nicer
I would recommend sway bar bushes and link bushes in rubber though.
Just my opinion.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
the only difference ive found with "poly" ( :p ) bushings is from energy suspension (who i dont think make suff for commodores, but may be interchangable)

Q: What is the difference between the red and black bushings?

Quote From Energy Suspension's Official Website:

"Both are our Energy's HYPER-FLEX™ performance polyurethane formulations. Energy has impregnated selected black polyurethane components with graphite to add a lubrication property. Additionally, both Energy Suspension® red and black polyurethane components are engineered differently than OEM rubber components — to be free a floating and non-binding design. This allows for the additional durometer (firmness) of the components, which adds to the performance improvement of the vehicle overall

their graphite bushes are said to be less harsh. ive never found the normal ones to be harsh, then again most of the cars ive fited them to have had their suspension tweaked in some way already.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Yeah, I have read about that in their "neo" products ( :p )

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Unfortunately neo is a nickname for Neoprene which is a type of rubber used in many things including wetsuits. Poly, urethane, nolathane, superpro all names for polyurethane bushes which is not a type of rubber. If OP walks into a shop and asks for some neo bushes most places are just going to look at him like he has no idea.
(I work in elastomers so im a bit anal on these issues:banstick:)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Unfortunately neo is a nickname for Neoprene which is a type of rubber used in many things including wetsuits. Poly, urethane, nolathane, superpro all names for polyurethane bushes which is not a type of rubber. If OP walks into a shop and asks for some neo bushes most places are just going to look at him like he has no idea.
(I work in elastomers so im a bit anal on these issues:banstick:)

Not quite, if the OP walks in most shops, most people in most shops will know what he is talking about. Since you work in rubbery stuff (hey man, leave you kinks at home!) if he asked you for Neo... he would get berated.

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Whiteline are now owned by Nolathane and hence the quality of their products has fallen in my opinion. I use SuperPro bushings exclusively and they tend to last much longer than other urethane brands I have tried.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk