Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[urgent] How can I run cable from Engine Bay to the Interior?

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Hi guys,

Just a really quick simple one, I need to run a cable from my engine bay to my interior (just to where the cigarette lighter is but anywhere in the interior I would be happy with), only problem is I can't see a way at all. I imagine this would also be related to installing an amp in the boot and needing to run a cable from the battery to the boot for power.. can anyone offer a way to get through? I'm tempted to drill but I don't want to drill in the wrong spot or really rip the interior apart (happy to pull it from under where the pedals are?)

Thanks in advance (It's not really super urgent but my car is in pieces and the wire is just sitting there in the engine bay because I can't pull it into the interior - don't want to drive like that lol..) searched but couldn't find anything :(

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
The rubber bung in the firewall where the clutch cable n whatnot would be going through if it was a manual...assuming its an auto.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Awesome thanks man, it's an auto so that'll be my spot.. thanks again! :D:D

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
If you have an auto transmission the clutch grommet is unused and is perfect for running cable. We did have a photo around here once. Drill a small hole, spray the wire with wd-40 and force the wire through, it should make a super tight seal. Its on the drivers side, will get a pic for you if you get stuck.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
It's all good, poked a hole through the thing with the screwdriver, tight squeeze but the cable makes it through. Damn it that thing was hard to get off because of the brake cylinder in the way, and getting it back on was even worse but well worth it. Thanks again guys! :thumbsup: