Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

URGENT,important installation help needed

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
04 VZ SS Impulse Blue Ute
hey everyone, i've got a VN series one and I was wondering where the amp cable from amp to battery goes through the firewall, i swear i've spent the whole day looking for the gromit but i have no idea where it is, I was thinking of drilling a hole but i don't want to drill it unless i'm 100% sure where i'm going otherwise there'll be holes everywhere...
if any can provide pics or just tell me where the cable goes through i'm sure i could start off from there...
cheers
thanks in advance

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
On the right and at the back of the brake booster is where I placed mine, see the attached picture.

From there you have a couple of choices, either feed it down the drivers side of the car through the kick panel, side panels and into the boot.

The other alternative is straight down the transmission tunnel.

Attachments

• PICT0250.jpg
    PICT0250.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 278

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VR - VS Stato V8
Yeah mate i had the same problem i havea VN Calais and the only gromet i found was already full of cables so i just ran it through the quarter panel then under the bottom hinge of the door and straight into the car you can only notice a little bit of wire and other people hardly see it for how much effort it takes its a good choice

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
there is no reason why you can't use a grommet that already has cable in it.

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VR - VS Stato V8
it was to hard there were about 7 cables already going through it and they had like glued it all up on both sides all i know is that a screw driver we couldn't get through so we just left it

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Don't forget that drilling extra holes in your firewall will make your car unroadworthy and therefore void your insurance. Just something to remember.

I'm not saying that it doesn't get done, but if something goes wrong and your car catches fire, you might find your insurance company walking away from you.

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
if you have a auto what about the clutch gromit?

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
04 VZ SS Impulse Blue Ute
hmmm... thanks for your help, especially to darren with pic, I might be back very soon because some how i know i won't get this in one go, if u can prove anymore pics much would be appreciated..
cheers

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
the clutch gromit is like to the left of the brake. just take the fuse cover off and that bit of plastic at the bottom of the fuse's then up to the left of the brake were there cables go though the firewall there should be a spare gromit that is easily large enough to put 0gauge though.