Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

URGENT,important installation help needed

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
04 VZ SS Impulse Blue Ute
ok.. bad news... in darrens pic there's alittle gromit thing but on mine there isn't :| i can't find any opens watsoever behind the engine, this is bad, there's nothing but that metal wall, if anyone can attach any help ful pics that'd be great as i really want to get this amp in.... i've been waiting for too long, I've had to drive in silence for 8 months and now the opportunity comes along n i'm still stuck :cry:
I'd attach pics but i can't find my digital camera at the moment
anyhelp would be much appreciated
thanks in advance

PEAKN6

Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbros.co.nr
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X 6cyl 4spd, soon to be a Mild 253
ive attached a pic of my fire wall with the wire goin through the clutch hole. i know its a vh and not a vn but i hope it still helps a bit. by the way u prolly wont see the hole if u look under the dash because its above the steering column

hope this helps.

tukrbox

Attachments

• powerwire_diagram.jpg
    powerwire_diagram.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 253

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
hmmmm.... doesn't really help me but thanks for the effort champ...
I just really want to find out how to put an amp cable thru my firewall (legally) because there was no gromit like the one in darrens pic

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VR - VS Stato V8
well why dont you just run it through the quarter panel and into the cab through the door near the hinges..................... its easy

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Benji said:
well why dont you just run it through the quarter panel and into the cab through the door near the hinges..................... its easy

Hell it looks like that's where mine are going to end up, there's a nice big (and I mean HUGE) grommit sitting there begging to be stuffed full of power cable.

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
I found the clutch gromit but I couldn't find the hole on the engine side of the firewall :( help plz?
thanks in advance

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
poke a hole in the gromit and feed it through from the cabin. i think it is quite hard to see from the engin bay cause the brake booster and all that good stuff is in the way but once you have about 30cm though u should be able to see it in the engin bay then just pull it till it reaches the battey.