Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Urgent need help with BCM & PCM

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
I have a supercharged vs series 2 Statesman it was driving it with no problems and stopped to do some shopping and then went to start it ,it had dash lights and it wouldn't crank also the power windows ,door locks ,key remote ,power antenna and fuel pump stopped working
so I replaced the BCM with matching key head and its still the same

SO could my ECU ,ignition could be the problem ? Or is there somewhere I should be looking ?

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Try checking the earths. I had a similar problem which turned out to be the earth.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Try checking the earths. I had a similar problem which turned out to be the earth.

Where abouts at the battery? Or some where else?

tavrin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 L67
If memory serves me correctly, I believe the BCM & ECU both come as a pair (along with the key). So by just changing the BCM & key you may not be getting spark / fuel.

You could always check this by taking off 2 sparkplug cables on the coil pack and just cranking it once to see if its firing.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Mine was at the terminal. Check all earths.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
If memory serves me correctly, I believe the BCM & ECU both come as a pair (along with the key). So by just changing the BCM & key you may not be getting spark / fuel.

You could always check this by taking off 2 sparkplug cables on the coil pack and just cranking it once to see if its firing.

It's not cranking at all I've checked the motor and it turns over by hand so it's not seized

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Check all the fuses under the dash. Theres a couple of different fuses under there that supply power to the BCM for various components, and if one of these fuses are blown, it'll cause problems similar to what your having...

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Check all the fuses under the dash. Theres a couple of different fuses under there that supply power to the BCM for various components, and if one of these fuses are blown, it'll cause problems similar to what your having...
Can you be a bit more specific I've checked every fuse & relay that I thought was related to the bcm and all seem be fine but after i removd the inigtion module I have managed to get the fuel pump working and now it's attempting to crank but the battery is flat is is on charge now but there's no sign of the bcm working yet
Another thing that's happening I'm getting three dash lights flashing not sure which they are but one is the overspeed and I think one the handbrake warning and I'm not sure what the other is but they are all in a small cluster
Is this the timed override kicking in ?

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Everything is working again it turned out to the ignition module at the back of the ignition ed switch thanks for every bodies help. This little episode has cost me a bit of money but at least I have spare supercharged ecu and bcm for next time