Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

URGENT parked too far forward

Adam1116

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ commodore sv6
forgive me if this is the wrong category to post under

i went a little to far when parking my 2005 vz sv6 commodore so i put it into reverse went back a little and heard this crunch ad cracking sound, so i stopped, after investigation i see the left side of the bumper is slightly out of place, id say a couple inches. I dont want to continue to reverse out as it could do more damage, im thinking i should just drive over it all the way, its just a bit of dirt about 50cm and then another gutter on the other side if you can try picture that, i dont think ill damage anything driving over it as my front wheels should hit the road on the other side before anyrhing underneath hits the curb, should i risk that or risk completely reversing out or what else? thankyou all very much

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So the bumper is stuck on a raised concrete gutter median strip type thing? Can you lift front of car gently a little bit to help it get off? Or put a piece of wood under tyre?

Adam1116

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ commodore sv6
after a better look i see that the curb is not being touched itd actually this little bit of a tree root sticking up pretty high, bumper has gone over it and caught it on the eay way out somehow, what you suggested may work, ill see if i have anything i can use on me right now to put under tyre

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
I dislodge my bumper on a pallet, but was able to just snap it back into position by hand.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I went over in reverse a cut off pole stump, little did i know was there and when i drove forward after days work was stuck and had to raise the veicle using some sprare pole i found and wedged under the wheels and drove on the poles.
Worked

Same as front, use something to lift it liek half bricks or anything really

Im sure he or she has sorted it by now but ideas are there

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
Putting something under the wheels is a great idea, I hadn't thought of that in my adventure. Of course in my case, the bumper had come away, and I was 'free' so to speak :)