Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

***urgent warning about ebay***

mjd1810

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais&vl exec
i just checked my ebay account and it also had a 3rd party authorisation for 'auctionworks'

i revoked the auth and sent ebay an email asking wtf?

thanks for the heads up mjd1810 :thumbsup:

matt

n/p happy to help mate:thumbsup:

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I'll just let u guys know some 3rd party users are legit tho, I've authorised a company auctiva as a 3rd party user as they are a reputable company that provides free picture gallery and other free selling tools. So don't automatically freak out if u see a 3rd party user, u may have authorised them :)

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
Cheers for the info guys just checked i had AuctionWorks on mine aswell.

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
hey just looked up auctionworks it looks a little suss it says that he/she/company has been a registered
Location: United States ,but only has 1 transaction in 4years....???
i dont know if it has anything to do with the unauthorised 3rd party access.???

VH_Commodore_Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
You have authorised the following third party applications to perform certain actions on eBay on your behalf.

ChannelAdvisor Services ( created 10-Aug-05)

ummmm no i didnt

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
I'll just let u guys know some 3rd party users are legit tho, I've authorised a company auctiva as a 3rd party user as they are a reputable company that provides free picture gallery and other free selling tools. So don't automatically freak out if u see a 3rd party user, u may have authorised them :)

I agree, I use Auctiva and Auctionworks a lot as it makes buying and selling that little bit easier (i think some sellers who have the independent check-out system use Auctionworks or ChannelAdvisor so this would be where the third party thing comes in if you request your information to be saved for future transactions)

As I posted before i've been a member since 2001 and have only had a couple of disputes with people not sending me items or the wrong item, etc so I'm sure an account with a high usage like mine would have been hacked by Auctiva or Auctionworks by now :p

I'd personally be more concerned about the trojan's, etc in popular file sharing programs

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
These are programs that help you use ebay. If someone hacks your account, they usually change your password so you have trouble accessing, if they are successful the damage is done before you know. They use your account most times, not link a third party.

So most of the changes done in this thread were unnecessary.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
I had 2 3rd partys 1 was channel advision services and the other was via online gmbh and i got no idea how they got there any ideas ?