Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Urgent!

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
You,ve got to be joking.Mate,I reckon "good on you" for having a go but for **** sake don,t go stuffing around under,or half under you car without stands.STOP get some stands and start again....The key word here is STOP.

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
You haven't mentioned stands in your thread before but who gives a rats,providing the wheel is hanging ,in other words the stand is under the body,not the suspension,then you,re set to go.Keep us up to date.

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
The stand is under the chassis? I think? Not under the wheel hub!
Thinking of calling it quits today and start again tomorrow!

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Compressor would only tighten so much before it just started turning the spring.. And I still can't get it out!!
Surely I'm doing something wrong it's driving me nuts!

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Anybody able to shed some light on what I might be doing wrong?
If I can't get it out in 15mins I'm just gonna leave it stock for now!
Cheers

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Compressor would only tighten so much before it just started turning the spring.. And I still can't get it out!!
Surely I'm doing something wrong it's driving me nuts!

What spring compressors did you get? I had the 2 that you put a socket wrench on and tighten it up. Took 5 seconds.

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
I feel sorry for you mate,Doing some jobs on your own is crap for a start but you,re getting it done. Get on U Tube tonight and see what you can find.Might not be a commodore but I'm sure you,ll pick up some pointers.The worst part of a job like this is that in a workshop with rattle guns and a hoist ther is no way that it would take 40minutes to do both sides.When the car,s on a hoist you just have to undo everything then hang off the hub on the side you,re doing while the other guy lifts out the stock spring and pops the new one in place.If you lived in my street you,d only have to have the bonnet up or the car on stands and wait for 10 minutes before 2 or 3 neighbours came over to offer to help.Course that can always be an excuse to have a beer rather than mow the lawn

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
One on each side of the spring.

Get a jack handle/bar between the subframe lower arm and a solid part and lever down.