Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Used car tips!

lynx2093

Reaction score
Members Ride
None.
hello,
ok. well im 17 looking to buy my first car! i got $5,500 to spend!!
First off im looking for some GOOD tips on when buying a car.. what to look for etc..

These are two cars ive looked at.. any feedback on them? worth it? rip etc..

Thanks in advanced

Car 1 - Find Cheap Used & Second Hand Cars For Sale | Adelaide | Gumtree Classifieds

Car 2 - 2000 HOLDEN COMMODORE ACCLAIM VT II Cars For Sale in SA - carsales.com.au - carsales.com.au

Also if your going to say its a bad price.. tell me what a good one is, as i can negotiate :p

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Id personally go the 2000 commi acclaim for sure man considering its done 40k less than the other commi but then again mines done 260k and it runs like a dream haha

Keep looking man dont jump at the first thing you see you'll probs find a bargain ;)

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
^ as what he said, i always bought first one i looked at, this time i looked at like 5, and i definitely thought it was worth it.

Main thing you should do, is look before you have the money. That way you can't buy it.

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
Neither! Don't get the VT with the ugly ass dude. You could get a good VS and have enough for good sound system :D That's my opinion anyway, do what you want.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Neither! Don't get the VT with the ugly ass dude. You could get a good VS and have enough for good sound system :D That's my opinion anyway, do what you want.

This is true. You can get better AKA lower k's VS with that money or higher k's VT. As for the VT back end, if ya don;t liek it, get garnish painted for $100 and get new lights $200 = $300 looks better than the VX. lol

bigpaulyb25

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssV wagon
id go with a vs ss you can pick one up with that much cash.good first car