Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Used Commodore up to $10K - What do ya reckon?

woodwardmatt

New to Oz & Commodores
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm new to this forum but am looking to get a Holdon Commodore. Would love some of your input on what types etc. to go for and what to avoid.

Am living in Adelaide and have about $10K to spend. Any advice wqould be hugely helpful and appreciated!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I know where there is quite a nice SV 5000 for sale for $11,000 :D

Seriously though, spend a few extra k, 13k can see your arse in a Series 2 VT SS.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Or you could get a VS II Calais with the supercharged 6, put a smaller pulley on it, and bye bye minux....j/ks;)

VS SS would be my call, but thats what i want lol:p

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Or you could get a VS II Calais with the supercharged 6, put a smaller pulley on it, and bye bye minux....j/ks;)

VS SS would be my call, but thats what i want lol:p

But then your stuck in a car that costs too much to go any faster, at least with an LS1 and 4k you can have a low 12 car.

Besides, driving a VS is like a boat, seems liek your floating everywhere :p

Nice looking VS SS down the road for sale for 9k and a manual.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
What I would avoid:

Series II SS LS1's (Gen3's) these are the first run give them a miss
Series I VT V8's these are really heavy and the aussie 5L has a hard time with this extra weight.

What I would recommend:

VS Series II Calais supercharged 6
VS SS's are nice and lighter than the VT
Any v8 after the series II SS LS1's in the VX and later are nice cars. SS is luxury just depends what you can afford.

Think about what you want the car for if you want to go fast you'll need a super6 or a LS1. Everyone is welcome to disagree with me. VL turbo's are too old in my opinion. I really like the VL but if you get one you will need to spend a lot on fixing it.

Anthing 10 years or older you'll be looking to spend at least 1k fixing little things for the first year as I have with my VS

Also some good advice is to test drive a few models v8 and super sixes get to know what you do and don't like. It may go like the clappers but if you don't enjoy driving it what's the point.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
if you are lucky u may be able to get a ex-cop sII vt exec with gen 3 for about 10k

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
What I would avoid:

Series II SS LS1's (Gen3's) these are the first run give them a miss
Series I VT V8's these are really heavy and the aussie 5L has a hard time with this extra weight.

What I would recommend:

VS Series II Calais supercharged 6
VS SS's are nice and lighter than the VT
Any v8 after the series II SS LS1's in the VX and later are nice cars. SS is luxury just depends what you can afford.

Think about what you want the car for if you want to go fast you'll need a super6 or a LS1. Everyone is welcome to disagree with me. VL turbo's are too old in my opinion. I really like the VL but if you get one you will need to spend a lot on fixing it.

Anthing 10 years or older you'll be looking to spend at least 1k fixing little things for the first year as I have with my VS

Also some good advice is to test drive a few models v8 and super sixes get to know what you do and don't like. It may go like the clappers but if you don't enjoy driving it what's the point.

Whats wrong with Series 2 VT SS? First run mean squat. If you are talking about engine issues then anything up to VY II you should give a miss.

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
mate it is ur lucky day im in adelaide too and for 10k id be willing too let my vn calais go LOL nah but seriously nice vs calais super 6 or 8 would be nice