Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Used VE purchase - MY09.5 or MY10 - Omega or Belina?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Hasn't the MY10 got the 3.0l engine DI engine and the MY09 the 3.6l? I'd prefer the 3.6l over the 3.0l, but not sure if thats the case with the LPG models.

mc.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Berlina>Omega.

When i was going to buy my car, i sat in both the Omega and the Berlina. The Omega felt so cheap and **** in comparison, and considering i would be in it a fair bit, I chose the Berlina. I don't regret it for a second. Plus resale will be higher, and i don't want to kill myself everytime i get in the car like i would if i got the Omega because that interior was terrible.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
hey mate, i bought a omega duel fuel recently i bought it for 20,000 (came on 20's and new springs and shocks) had 50xxxks befor everyone jumps on me for paying to much its only a 07 model but i cant really tell the difference and also it came with a leather steering wheel, rear seat centre arm rest, electric driver's seat and a speed alert warning. i bought this as i was getting around in a vr and was really spending more on that then the new car is costing me with finance. i went the omega over the sv6 only because of the insurance as im a p plater. all i really wanted to say is im quite happy with the car the only issue i had with the omega befor it got new shock and springs is it was abit to bouncy and felt like it was floating when you hit any sort of high speeds.. and the rattly dash but all VE owners seem to have that problem. as im unsure what the difference is with a berlina i cant help you there. if i had another choice and didnt have to pay extra for the insurance i definitely would have gone the SV6 but in saying that i have no real issue whatsoever with the omega it drives nice.

btw with the lpg/petrol. im getting about 420ks out of gas ($35) and about 480ks out of petrol ($90?)

RochyBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE (Factory) LPG Berlina
Hasn't the MY10 got the 3.0l engine DI engine and the MY09 the 3.6l? I'd prefer the 3.6l over the 3.0l, but not sure if thats the case with the LPG models.

According to what I've read all the MY10's have the new SIDI engines, 3.0 litre in the lower end models and 3.6 in the top end models. The MY10 LPG models however maintain the older Alloytec 3.6l which is not SIDI.

I'm Googling MY10 dual fuel Berlinas but this will be our "2nd" car and is just to get me to work and back, pick up the kids etc, all short runs, so I've not yet convinced myself I need the extras. Give me time though!

Last edited:

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I wouldnt bother with paying for extras you dont need, $4k is $4k.

Is LPG mandatory?
Because if it isnt, you should seriously look at the SIDI engine models.
New engine with fuel economy easily in single digits, MUCH better drivetrain, and if you can pick up an International, good resale and nice creature comforts for not much extra.

As an example:

2010 HOLDEN COMMODORE INTERNATIONAL VE MY10 Private Cars For Sale in NSW - carsales.com.au

MY10 International, SIDI engine & updated drivetrain, under 750km on the clock so virtually brand new, $25k.

I got a SIDI International Sportwagon, and love it! Go for a couple of test drives... the old clunker 3.6 and old transmission has NOTHING on the new SIDI combo. Much more responsive and more refined. But dont take my word for it, go drive one you'll see ;).

RochyBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
I wouldnt bother with paying for extras you dont need, $4k is $4k.

Is LPG mandatory?
Because if it isnt, you should seriously look at the SIDI engine models.
New engine with fuel economy easily in single digits, MUCH better drivetrain, and if you can pick up an International, good resale and nice creature comforts for not much extra.

I got a SIDI International Sportwagon, and love it! Go for a couple of test drives... the old clunker 3.6 and old transmission has NOTHING on the new SIDI combo. Much more responsive and more refined. But dont take my word for it, go drive one you'll see ;).

You make a good point and have sent me back to do more investigations. 9.3 l/100km does sound pretty good. :idea3:

I'm still interested to know, is the quoted 13.4 l/100kmfor the MY10 LPG engine referring to LPG or ULP consumption?

My brain hurts! :hmmm:

Last edited:

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
the 13.4 is lpg consumption ulp is 10.2 or there abouts i think.
lpg would be the go for short trips and running about but the newer drivetrain is as said much better and would be nicer for longer travels

RochyBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi all, thanks for all the replies.

Got sick of looking and have done the deal on a 2010 MY10 dual fuel Berlina this morning. You guys helped sway me from the Omega.

Pick it up Thursday, have to get onto insurance etc now.

Cheers and thanks again.