Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Useing VPL3 CLUSTER IN VN DO I HAVE 2

chopsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2/ Original XRGT
Ok i have a VP berlina L3 cluster which i know works in my VN but what i'm wanting to know. Is the long strips down the bottom that have indecator,engine,headlights,spd,ect that light up will all the proper things light up in the right spots? or do i have to replace those long strips with the one's out of my VNL3 cluster.I'm just asking as i've heard people say theirs are'nt lighting up properly. Like engine lights up instead of SPD not exactly like that but you know what i mean.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
This is a pic of the layout of the dash. Unfortunatly i don't have a Level 1 or 2 one, but i'd assume there in the same positions, but if the option isn't avaliable, the globe isn't put in the dash.

trip.jpg

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
On the back of both clusters, should be the legend of each connector, write down the VN cluster on some paper and then comapre against the VP one, any differences will be which wires needs swapping.

cheers

vpbt1ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS manual
yeah u will need to change those strips more than likely as i used a 90 VN cluster into my VP and they were all different but on mine is wasnt as simple as just swaping them over as i went from lvl2 to lv3 and were in differnt spots so had to cut down and glue the strips into place

or you could also do like FXST01 said change the wires over i just didint wanna much round too much with my loom

chopsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2/ Original XRGT
It's all ok i've got it in all indecators and so on work!