Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ute lurching to left when cornering left only.

Pete O

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VG ute
Just had a wheel alignment done on my VG ute & it lurches to the left when cornering to the left only. I checked the steering out & it all seems good but looking at the wheels from the front they seem to be toe’d out slightly. Would this cause the issue. It gets a bit scary at 100kmh in a corner & it lurches to the point where I think I’m gunna lose it. What y’all think?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
If the car was OK before the alignment, and it's not OK now, then the alignment is at fault. Take it back and get them to align it correctly. It's extremely difficult to find a company that can perform accurate wheel alignments. Perhaps some of the QLD members on the forum can offer suggestions in your area.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think I had the same problem and it was an extremely worn out tierod end. I replaced the TRE and it still did it until I had a wheel alignment. The bad thing was that it was wheel aligned only a couple of months before I bought the ute. The clowns (Jax) that did the job should have known an alignment was pointless with the TRE being as bad as it was. Mine was that bad it was like yours down right dangerous.

Pete O

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VG ute
If the car was OK before the alignment, and it's not OK now, then the alignment is at fault. Take it back and get them to align it correctly. It's extremely difficult to find a company that can perform accurate wheel alignments. Perhaps some of the QLD members on the forum can offer suggestions in your area.
I’ve only just got it on the road after putting new suspension under it & it was the first long trip I had done in it. I’m taking it back on Monday to have a talk to the guy that done the alignment. I jacked the front end & couldn’t find any slop in the tie rod ends, it all feels good, so I’m guessing the alignment is not correct.

Pete O

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VG ute
I think I had the same problem and it was an extremely worn out tierod end. I replaced the TRE and it still did it until I had a wheel alignment. The bad thing was that it was wheel aligned only a couple of months before I bought the ute. The clowns (Jax) that did the job should have known an alignment was pointless with the TRE being as bad as it was. Mine was that bad it was like yours down right dangerous.
Yeah it’s a bit scary when you’re cornering & it suddenly just dives to the left. Given the amount of toeout on it I’m blaming the alignment. I’ll have a chat with them on Monday & see what they’ve got to say for themselves.