Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ute Stereo Install

E

emoo

Hello all.
Well had my stereo gear out of my old car for a bit and it's just about time to get it installed into my ute. Now ive got an idea on where the splits, HU, Amp, Etc. will go but its just the sub that im thinking about. Its a 12" Kicker Solo-baric(square sub) and just wondering if anyone has seen some decent installs or know a good place in a ute to install. At the moment im thinking between the seats but im concerned with the legalities of it all to do with the rear wall behind the seats. It has already been changed from the ute tray from the inner wall of the tray going down into the cab to being strait down (bit hard to explain) and this has provided extra room to behind the seats.

Also with a sub setup that close inbetween people will it have a bad sound to it?(overpowering,too close)

Any suggestions , comments from people who have had to do sub setups in a ute appreciated.

p.s. its a HZ wellbody ute. Also the sub is currently in a box made for a VL boot so it will need a new box. and i think thats all the details.

P.P.S I know there has been some topics on this but I'd like to get info on the completion of some of the setups i have read about because i know a few were a near completion.

UNSAFE

at any speed
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn battlewagon
i have seen sub boxes put in vg-vs utes. unsure about hz tray construction, but, in vg-vs opposite side to fuel tank is an empty well. unscrew cover plate and construct box to fit this well with sub facing towards cab. be sure to seal the well with silicone. like i said , unsure on hz layout but i hope this gives some ideas

Waldo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series II
Re:

Check proutes.com out!!
Worth Whlie!! :king: